Landing in Atti mode?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been flying for quit a while and have been flying a lot in Atti mode, just to get a better feel and in case I lose GPS. My question is that when I landed in Atti mode it wants to tip side to side and was unstable when I tried to kill the motors after I had landed it. Has anyone done this and will the motors not shut down even though I had the control sticks pulled down and in (CSC) I ended up switching to P-GPS to shut them down. Just curious?

After you land, hold the left stick down for 3-5 seconds to turn off the motors. CSC is known to cause tip-overs.

What is CSC?
Something that everyone does before flying their Phantom and much discussed in forums.
The manual even mentions it ...
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Something that everyone does before flying their Phantom and much discussed in forums.
The manual even mentions it ...
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg
thanks for the post!!

Hey everyone, I've been flying for quit a while and have been flying a lot in Atti mode, just to get a better feel and in case I lose GPS. My question is that when I landed in Atti mode it wants to tip side to side and was unstable when I tried to kill the motors after I had landed it. Has anyone done this and will the motors not shut down even though I had the control sticks pulled down and in (CSC) I ended up switching to P-GPS to shut them down. Just curious?
I did land a few times in atti mode, just for learning purposes also. But I discovered that you have to land the very last part a little bit more firmly in order to avoid tip-overs. CSC I never perform, its to unthrusty and takes to much time. On my PV2+ CSC worked perfectly.
P-Atti is also a good alternative. I do a lot of low level practice (around 50 cm's) in my backyard and because of the house and trees I cannot fly in GPS mode.

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20