Landing gear on Vision+ IS LONGER / TALLER

Reaction score
Even a DJI rep was posting that it was the same length, but it doesn't get much clearer than these photos.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 933
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    741.3 KB · Views: 971
It fits fine in the newer TradeCraft case with the thinner top foam. The small issue is that the cell phone holder is now at a different angle, and so TradeCraft is going to make a small revision to the XRV foam for it to be fully compatible with the Vision+.

phantomguy said:
I'm not seeing the black landing gear pads on the pic of the pv2...

Nope, they are exactly the same. There is a battery in the Vision while there is not battery in the Vision+ as I was charging it, so it may have compressed it slightly. Look at the top of the legs, that is where the difference is....

This is from tradecraft regarding my vision case
Thanks for your interest in our ToughCase for XRV. We received one in tonight and were able to do some testing. While the taller landing gear does work with our new thinner top foam design, DJI made a small change to how the Wi-Fi repeater is mounted, requiring a slight change in our foam design. If you have an existing case you can trim the foam to accommodate this new design. We anticipate this will take about three weeks to resolve, we will be rolling our a revised design at that time.

Thanks for your business and continued interest in our products.

Sales Team
TradeCraft Cases

On Apr 15, 2014, at 5:56 PM, Morimoore <[email protected]> wrote:

I just ordered the vision plus , I have a vision case the I got from you about a month ago with the thinner foam on top. Looks like the new vision plus is a little taller. Have you tried one yet ?
Harold Moore

Sent from my iPad

PhilAnderson said:
phantomguy said:
I'm not seeing the black landing gear pads on the pic of the pv2...

Good catch, Phantomguy! I wonder if that would make the full difference? Seems like they only protrude down about 1/4" but I can't remember.

The Plus definitely looks taller and it looks like the difference is the top of the landing gear where it attaches to the bottom of the PV itself.

It looks like there is glue on the left front of the shock mount of the camera frame.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 7.28.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 7.28.24 AM.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 511
My DJI pre-order is 36xx... and was about to pull the trigger on a Nanuk 935 case for travel. I wonder how the 10mm taller unit fits in the Nanuk? Storm IM2500 is definitely out now.

This does of course mean that RotorPixel owners get another option once spares stocks are availble... ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik