Landing Gear cover AWOL and one motor feels rough

Reaction score
I noticed the landing gear cover on the right rear of my P4 has departed the aircraft. Can I get a replacement cover piece or do I have to order the entire landing gear assembly? Where is the best place to get DJI parts from? DJI or a hobby shop/dealer? Anyone with crash parts got a spare cover? (The cover to the right of the battery compartment on the inside of the landing gear leg.)

I also noted that one motor bearing does not seem to be as smooth as the other three when rotated by hand or spun. I have 52 flights since Christmas with only one incident where I backed it into a brick wall in full aero braking. (When the manual says it takes 163 feet to aero brake in sport mode, 161 feet isn't quite enough!) The motor that is noisy is the front right. Should I go ahead and replace the motor or fly it awhile to see if it gets any worse? It just has a little rough feel the other three motors don't have.

This is a great forum as I have already gotten a lot of info reading other posts.

Those little covers are best held in place by clear tape. Not sure about your other concerns, but you might not find just the covers, might have to buy the whole gear. Someone will chime in on replacing parts and where to buy from

I noticed the landing gear cover on the right rear of my P4 has departed the aircraft. Can I get a replacement cover piece or do I have to order the entire landing gear assembly?
Unless you can find a repair shop or someone selling them on a site like eBay, you'll need to buy a set of replacement landing gear since DJI does not sell that part separately. Those covers come along with the landing gear.

Reactions: Fancher9-76

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20