Landing gear broken & wire

Reaction score
Hi all! New here to the thread, I am from NSW in Aus, I had a bit of a nasty encounter with a tree today with the P4P and I need some help/advice.

The top of the leg on one side is snapped clean, still attatched at the other end of the leg, but there's a grey wire inside that has snapped, could anyone shed some light on what that wire is for? And what should I be looking at to get it fixed? Is it an easy repair or am I looking at a costly fix $$ ?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers fellas/gals,

Jarrad.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Is the landing gear snapped? If so, you can buy a new set of landing gear on eBay or Amazon. That snapped wire is part of the landing gear.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

The legs are cheap. The wire depends on which one it is. If it is a single wire it is most likely an antenna wire. The difficulty of repairing it depends on your skill level. A photo would help us.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Thanks all for the warm welcome, I will post a photo to make it easier for you all

Yeah it looks like the your antenna wire broke. When you buy a new set HERE on Amazon the antennas come with it.
Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio, fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Gagey52
Here is a photo
You will need a new leg and a new antenna wire at the very least. If you are not handy with delicate repairs leave it to the pros. The antenna wires snap on and off with a tiny connector but they are extremely easy to break.

Is this what I need?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180510-130409_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180510-130409_Chrome.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 208
Is this what I need?
Appears to be correct. If you do this yourself, be warned, those "ufl" connectors break very easily. I have personal experience as I ruined an antenna board in a TX for a P3S. A light but firm, steady touch is needed.

Hi all, does anyone know if you can buy this part, just wrecked it..

Attachments

• 20180515_203859.jpg
    20180515_203859.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 278
Hello,
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

The legs are cheap. The wire depends on which one it is. If it is a single wire it is most likely an antenna wire. The difficulty of repairing it depends on your skill level. A photo would help us.
Hi
Can the single wire ( antenna) wire be soule
Hello,

cand the wire ( antenna ) wire be soldered back together ?
Thank you
Mike

Welcome to the forum. It’s a risk. Do you make the repairs yourself or do you get it done professionally. I’d hate to lose my drone because of a repair that I did. It comes down to what you can afford, I guess. Best of luck!
Regards

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik