Lady Luck or Not?

Reaction score
A colleague of mine reported a badly crashed P3P and wanted to know if I was interested in buying the batteries. I said, well, how much? $50 dollars later I got 3 P3P batteries in good shape. But also, she through in the wrecked Phantom. New legs, new VPS and new gimbal vibration mount, and reconnecting the gray ribbon pins into the connector and I have another P3P as well.

I am trying to thoroughly test this bird and remove as much uncertainty as possible in order to employ it with trust.

Yesterday, I tried a quick Course Lock flight in both DJI Go and Litchi but it reported the error that CL could not work because of other system settings. I am not sure at all what this is about. I believe IOC mode was enabled (otherwise I would not have seen the flight mode screens).

What other paces should I put this P3P through in order to weed out any hidden issues that my be the result of its former crash(es), etc. The camera modes all work, she flies well enough but I need to develop some trust here. What can you think of to build it?

Thanks ...

The proof is in the flights.
Even trusting a new a/c is earned by time in the air.
A failure can occur at any time without warning with any a/c be it new, used, or otherwise.
You just need to fly it and the confidence will come!

I will shakedown a new machine of course before using it for professional purposes (filming, etc.). I will rely on the lifespan (newness) of a machine that appears to be in excellent working order. If something goes wrong that I'm not responsible for, then I will expect the vendor to make it right.

A 2nd hand AC with visible damage may have unseen issues however and short of completely tearing it down, I will NOT employ this bird until my confidence reaches a certain point. My question was meant to invoke thoughts about just what rigors I should subject this suspect AC to in order to build said confidence.

DJI Go and Int. Flight Modes
Litchi Missions and Flight Modes
Camera options, both video and JPG/DNG
RTH
Calibrations: compass, IMU and TX
ATTI flying

Anything else? I'm still exploring the problems I'm having Int Flight Modes ... wondering with this could all be about ...

Thanks for your thoughts ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4