Lack of understanding

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure what I did. Today, when I turn my Phantom 4 Pro on and let it sit for a few minutes, I did not get the green go GPS lock. Instead, I get a ready to go vision. It also blinks yellow height limit zone GPS. Also, blinks altitude limit 393 feet. It says my home point is updated. But it never turns to GPS green anymore. I have 14 satellites I don't understand what the problem is? I might add I recalibrated obstacle avoidance but before it would do that, it said that I had to update Geo. Which I did. What did I do wrong or is this something new?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm not sure what I did. Today, when I turn my Phantom 4 Pro on and let it sit for a few minutes, I did not get the green go GPS lock. Instead, I get a ready to go vision. It also blinks yellow height limit zone GPS. Also, blinks altitude limit 393 feet. It says my home point is updated. But it never turns to GPS green anymore. I have 14 satellites I don't understand what the problem is?
Ready to go vision is what you would see if your Phantom is warmed up and ready to go, but has not got a good GPS position fix.
The Phantom could fly and use the VPS for position holding (on suitable ground surfaces) and height would be limited.
Once you get more GPS satellites, your app should give you the green Ready to go - GPS message.

Have you tried to fly again and does it do the same thing?
The incident might be best explained by looking at the recorded data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I don't know what flight records would have to do with this? To make it simple, I don't get the green ready to go GPS anymore. It's simply blinks ready to go vision ,limited zone GPS and altitude limit 393 feet. And yes again I have 14 satellites. Updating Geo you think this caused my problem?
Has this just happened once?
Have you tried again?

Your flight data will show a lot more than you can explain.
As you've told the story, I can't guess what the issue is.
So I'd need to have a look "under the hood" to see what's going on.

Okay, I'm not sure what I did. Today, when I turn my Phantom 4 Pro on and let it sit for a few minutes, I did not get the green go GPS lock. Instead, I get a ready to go vision. It also blinks yellow height limit zone GPS. Also, blinks altitude limit 393 feet. It says my home point is updated. But it never turns to GPS green anymore. I have 14 satellites I don't understand what the problem is? I might add I recalibrated obstacle avoidance but before it would do that, it said that I had to update Geo. Which I did. What did I do wrong or is this something new?
I'm always skeptical of the upgrades

I agree with your statement, I'm always skeptical of the upgrades. I found what the problem is. They've over exaggerated the warning area. I live close to an airport 7.63 miles away. I could see if they were to warn you of the 5 mile limit your supposed to know that, but they added over 2.63 miles to the 5 mile limit. I found I can now fly my drone without getting warnings if I fly over 8 miles from the airport. Thanks Mike for trying to help me.
How did you figure it out?

I actually have have the same problem except I am being limited to 196 ft. I'm near an airport but have approval from the airport and the FAA to operate up to 400 ft. Unfortunately, I can't just go further away from the airport to fly as I actually have to fly in this specific area for work. Is there a way to override this limit? How can DJI force a limit on you that is baseless? (Baseless by the fact that the jurisdictions having authority have granted a waiver for me)

Help!

Michael

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic