lack of range

Reaction score
Hi guys, having problems getting more than 250metres of range with my pv2, the connection breaks and it RTH, iv never gotten more than 350m away with it. I have updated all the software, controller and phantom, the app on my phone. I have put in new batterys into the controller. Also tried fitting a 2.4Ghz 8dbi tp link antenna Omni directional antenna to the controller and still no improvement. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help. I have also fitted the same antenna to the wifi repeater but have no issues with the picture.

tried straight up, to the left, to the right, and pointing at it, pointing at it is only good when its right above me. doesn't seem to matter where I point it

tiny950 said:
Hi guys, having problems getting more than 250metres of range with my pv2, the connection breaks and it RTH, iv never gotten more than 350m away with it. I have updated all the software, controller and phantom, the app on my phone. I have put in new batterys into the controller. Also tried fitting a 2.4Ghz 8dbi tp link antenna Omni directional antenna to the controller and still no improvement. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help. I have also fitted the same antenna to the wifi repeater but have no issues with the picture.

Tiny the 2.4ghz antenna is for the wifi repeater. Tx controller needs a 5.8ghz antenna. If you haven't adjusted the controller to the FCC mode you should. Your manual has instructions for this easy step. There are many good antenna posts on this forum to help you make a selection.

Welcome to the club...these units vary quite a bit in range from the factory. I only get out to 1000 ft max...and only 450 ft up vertically...have checked everything...some units are lemons. It does help slightly to use Energizeer Lithium AA batteries...but they aren't cheap.

Seems about par. I get around the same. 1150ft is the furthest I have gone before RTH or fpv breakup. Im sure a directional antenna will fix that situation if you feel the need to travel further out. To be honest, 300 to 350m is quite a long way away and bordering on losing sight of the Phantom. Is there a real need to travel any further away?

Sorry I wrote metres I meant feet! it is in fcc mode and I am running energizer lithium batterys still no difference in the distance, running out of ideas now :(

Tx batteries don't matter - alkaline, NiCd, NiMh, lithium... that's a red herring and means nothing.
The transmitter has input voltage regulation and a low battery warning, until then you are getting max output power.

Have you adjusted your max limits in the Phantom 2 assistant?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20