Lack of power with old batteries?

Reaction score
Anyone decide to retire a battery due to age and too many charges? I've got one that is right at year old, about 100 charges. Battery voltages are a little erratic until I deep charge then stabilizes for a free charges. Flight times less than 15mins. I'm curious if it's time to ditch it.
What determines life? Age, cycles, or both?

This will not help you at all, but if you want to sell any aged P3 batteries let me know. I am looking to buy cages/smartboards for my external battery projects.

Better for me to get them before they puff :)

more than just age and cycles. how you store it, how much you usually keep it charged and many other things. I would suggest ditching it.

more than just age and cycles. how you store it, how much you usually keep it charged and many other things. I would suggest ditching it.
Ok, I've always stored in cool location 40-50% charge. It's my oldest one that's all

100 cycles I'd retire that one. Not worth taking the risk. Most I have is one at 33 cycles but it's performing fine.

Ok, I've always stored in cool location 40-50% charge. It's my oldest one that's all
If you are still getting 10 minutes flying time then you can still use it for your IMU and compass calibrations, firmware updates, Atti mode flights to test wind direction, short test flights after upgrades and many more. I am frequently doing 1-2 minute flights to test things like HDMI signal, camera settings etc.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4