Labels for drone exterior

Reaction score
I’m looking for two stickers to put on my Phantom 4 Pro: my FAA reg # and a “If lost please call (aaa) ppp-nnnn” sticker.

Other than DIY, has anyone purchased any online and would like to make a recommendation: Amazon preferred

Thank you

I can make you vinyl FAA registration decals. See more details here.

1568753758366.png

1568753763111.png

1568753771468.png

1568753777776.png

I’m looking for two stickers to put on my Phantom 4 Pro: my FAA reg # and a “If lost please call (aaa) ppp-nnnn” sticker.

Other than DIY, has anyone purchased any online and would like to make a recommendation: Amazon preferred

Thank you
I have to admit, msinger's decals look really cool, they look like the numbers on the back of an airplane. But honestly I just have a label maker with waterproof white label paper and I made a label with my FAA registration number and my phone number on it and stuck it in the spot between the battery and the gimbal on my Phantom 4. It fits perfect there and looks pretty cool actually, if an FAA sticker can look cool...

here's something that I thought of, might be a good idea, might just be stupid, but if my drone is ever stolen, and I I am able to find it, and I see that the thief has ripped off the sticker with my FAA number and phone number so that I can't prove it's mine, I installed three or four very small FAA registration and phone number labels inconspicuously in the battery compartment. I applied one of the stickers so far in the back using some pencil erasers so that the only way to remove that sticker is to take apart the Drone or somehow get a knife in there and pick at it for a very long time.

Might be a good idea, might not.

But if you have a label maker with white waterproof labels, then you can just make a quick label for free. Stick it on somewhere where it looks purposeful, and IMO it looks pretty sharp!

I just used a Brother label maker. They even have little helicopter and plane emoji icons :)
Mine looks kind of like this but white on black:

Transport Canada
✈ #########?

Reactions: captainmilehigh
4 drones 6 remotes. I needed a label maker. Amazon $16 + $15 for 5pk plastic labels.
20190918_134718.jpg
20190918_141718.jpg
20190918_141840.jpg

Used my Brother label maker too. Dang thing won't stay stuck. I've cleaned it with alcohol repeatedly. Still won't stay for more than a few days. Finally ordered some from @msinger. Should be here in a few days. Enough for all 3 drones, and some spares.

Reactions: msinger
Used my Brother label maker too. Dang thing won't stay stuck. I've cleaned it with alcohol repeatedly. Still won't stay for more than a few days. Finally ordered some from @msinger. Should be here in a few days. Enough for all 3 drones, and some spares.
I had the same problem, the things not sticking. I bought some cheap aftermarket label cartridges and surprisingly that's what did the trick! Those things are never coming off on their own!

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I've seen some cheap label tape, but my experience is primarily with the Brother TZ (plastic) labels. If they are applied to smooth/semi-smooth plastic, glass, or metal They stay for years. They don't like to be bent, so if you want to wrap it around a wire it is best to stick it to itself, adhesive side to adhesive side, so it sticks out like a flag.
For the drone I just stuck it on the underside of my P3S right next to the serial # sticker. I expect the brother label to out last the paper serial# label.
Dymo makes a line of labels for their Rino label maker that are cloth. Those stick well even wrapped around a wire, but if you ever have to remove it it will leave a sticky residue.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
+1 on using the label maker. Both the "Reward if Found" and cell number, plus my handy-dandy FAA number are still looking good after a few years on my birds.

But beware of leaving the label maker unattended. Kids (and grandkids) have a great knack for labeling everything in sight......including the dog. Yes, I am speaking from experience. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Capt KO
Brother labelmaker, but the Dymo looks about the same. The only reason I still have my P4P+ is because some nice person found it three weeks later and saw my name and phone number on it (and the battery). Imagine the excitement when I got the text message with a picture of my drone and a simple message, "Is this yours?".

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers