L.A passes ordinance to fine or jail drone users

From the article in the link I posted "A violation, which includes flying more than 500 feet above the ground, within five miles of an airport without permission or within 25 feet of another person, could be punished with up to $1,000 in fines and six months in jail, according to the city’s municipal code"

I wonder if you are more than 25 feet above someone is that considered within the law?

You can't make up this much stupid!

"The only way police could go after drone pilots in L.A. was by using existing laws and hoping they hold up with prosecutors and possibly a jury."

Um, yeah.... that's called our legal system. So now they are bypassing existing laws, prosecution and possibly a jury?

"In prior incidents, officers have threatened drone pilots with arrest for trespassing for flying them over certain areas, like a police station parking lot."

Which was legal (so they threatened a person with flying legally) and is still legal.

"A drone incident captured on video last year -- when a pilot flew a drone over a raucous crowd outside Staples Center after the Kings won the Stanley Cup -- is now illegal."

No... it _was_ illegal. Hence, not just now.

Reactions: Meta4
if the LA laws are going to mirror the FAA rules, then surely anyone caught doing anything wrong shouldn't of been doing it in the first place

Reactions: GoodnNuff
You didn't just go there, did you???? :D
Did when It was posted and was the first one I've seen with the #'s on it in a article . Surprised me :)

I didn't even notice that...
I've got the bad eye's bro .I can scan a lot ;)
CrazyEyes.gif

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Now its just a matter of time until the LAPD shoots 1,000 bullets to get a P3P out of the sky. Ha what a joke.

This might have been union related to protect drone operators in the TMZ.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj