Krisdonia 60,000 mAh power bank

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I found a few posts here on the use of power banks for recharging in the field. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on or experiences with current models. This capability would be very useful to me. I have five batteries for my P4 Pro, but it would be nice to have the option of recharging in remote areas. I have ordered a Krisdonia 60,000 mAh power bank as a gift. I will have to give it a try on the P4 batteries. I could be making an error in basic electronics (which I studied many years ago), but it seems that this model should be sufficient for multiple charges.

You will need to convert to ac to use chargers. Battery packs are dc. A motorcycle batter with an ac inverter will work or charge from your vehicle battery or cig lighter with appropriate charger.

\
You will need to convert to ac to use chargers. Battery packs are dc. A motorcycle batter with an ac inverter will work or charge from your vehicle battery or cig lighter with appropriate charger.
That model actually has AC output. I just received one that will be a gift for someone else. I gave it a try and found that it doesn't go nearly far as I was hoping based on the specs. It went from 87% charged all the way down to 42% charged in fully charging a P4 battery that started at 55%. Just for fun, I tried it on a floor lamp with two bulbs lit up. It worked great for that, and I'm sure it will be fine in its intended use of recharging the gift recipient's laptop.

It's 60,000mAh at 3.7Volt (that's how all powerbanks are rated).
You should really look at Wh.
This powerbank has a capacity of 222Wh
A P4 battery has a capacity of 89.2Wh
So theoraticcally you could charge 222/89.2=2.4 P4 batteries.
In reality about 80% of a good powerbank can be used.
DIY:
Buy a DC step-up converter and 2 appropriate cables. This way you can charge an AC-battery from 1 or more partially depleted AC-batteries or standard 3s/4s LiPo bateries.
NO wall-brick needed.
I use this one:
Battery-cables are hard to get these days, you could buy this car carger which has 2 of them:

Last edited:
I found a few posts here on the use of power banks for recharging in the field. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on or experiences with current models. This capability would be very useful to me. I have five batteries for my P4 Pro, but it would be nice to have the option of recharging in remote areas. I have ordered a Krisdonia 60,000 mAh power bank as a gift. I will have to give it a try on the P4 batteries. I could be making an error in basic electronics (which I studied many years ago), but it seems that this model should be sufficient for multiple charges.
I finally purchased a vehicle with a built-in AC plug, it is awesome. If you don't have that option, just purchase a power inverter that you can plug-in to the cigarette lighter. Make sure to keep the vehicle running while charging.

It's 60,000mAh at 3.7Volt (that's how all powerbanks are rated).
You should really look at Wh.
This powerbank has a capacity of 222Wh
A P4 battery has a capacity of 89.2Wh
So theoraticcally you could charge 222/89.2=2.4 P4 batteries.
In reality about 80% of a good powerbank can be used.
DIY:
Buy a DC step-up converter and 2 appropriate cables. This way you can charge an AC-battery from 1 or more partially depleted AC-batteries or standard 3s/4s LiPo bateries.
NO wall-brick needed.
I use this one:
Battery-cables are hard to get these days, you could buy this car carger which has 2 of them:
Thanks for suggesting the car charger. I have ordered one.

By "in the field" do you mean away from your vehicle?

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers