Knowledge and Wisdon

Reaction score
Next week my P4 will arrive. If you have 50+ hours of flight time I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. What tablet would you recommend for use with the P4?
2. If you could impart one thing to a new user of a P4 what would it be?
3. What video editing software would you suggest.
4. Any experienced users live in the West Valley Phoenix that would be willing to teach a newbie??

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
FS pilot for 30 years and RC pilot for 25+. How's that?

1. iPad. Hands down. I like the mini but my old eyes are begging me to switch to the Pro. I have an Android Nexus 7" and quite honestly, I like that too, especially for the money.
2. Go to a local RC club and learn to fly from a certified trainer. MAny will disagree with that. Join the AMA. I know that's two but they are almost equally important. You can find a local club at the AMA site. Academy of Model Aeronautics
3. Still debating that myself but most of what I use I just use raw footage. It suits my personal purposes because all of mine is mostly for personal use. Adobe Premier Elements can't be beaten for the money, especially the bundle they are running right now with Photoshop Elements (new version time of the year so they are dumping product).
4. Sorry. I'm on the right coast or I'd love to help!

-bob

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
What tablet would you recommend for use with the P4?
I like the iPad Mini 4 for Apple devices and Nvidia Shield K1 or Google Nexus 7 (2013) for Android devices. You can find a list of other recommended and commonly used devices here.

If you could impart one thing to a new user of a P4 what would it be?
Download, read, and fully understand the Phantom 4 manual before your first flight.

What video editing software would you suggest.
Adobe Premiere Pro (if your budget is the sky)

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I would add that you should buy a toy quad like the X5C to get the hang of things. If you can fly that, you can fly the P4.

The main thing is that you'll be getting used to the controls, how to fly instinctively no matter the nose orientation, and the biggest plus, it is almost indestructible.

Thank you, I did buy the X5C to practice before I begin my reign of terror :). Plan to purchase a tablet this weekend and found an RC club in my area. Great pointers, thanks again for your time.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31