Klaxon going off with 75% battery

Reaction score
Whilst flying today i got the klaxon at about 75% battery.

No other indication, it only went off once. No reduced throttle.

RE at 50%,

main remote batteries getting green LED.

I did bring it back home quickly just in case.

Plugging into my computer the battery looks fine.

I also did clean contacts on drone and battery to be sure.

as you can see this battery has had only 2 cycles and all cells are near enough same voltage.

All led lights normal on drone.

any ideas ?

thanks

Attachments

• Screen%20Shot%202014-10-23%20at%2017.42.41.png
    Screen%20Shot%202014-10-23%20at%2017.42.41.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 520
I would suggest running the battery all the way down until it shuts off. Then fully recharging, and keep a close eye on the battery the next time or two out.

Next time this happens, have a look at your satellites and see if they're dropping from, say, 12 to 8 or thereabouts. I get the alarm every so often with a full battery too and no other issues, other than my satellites toggling up and down by several at a time for a few seconds.

I know it's not a documented feature, but by now, I know that DJI hasn't included everything in the manual etc.

Let me know if you see the same pattern.

Cheers.

I too had experienced this a while back with over 90% battery remaining, and attempted to get some answers from the DJI North American rep., but have heard nothing but crickets regarding this specific concern. Some have indicated a weakening of the data pins may create momentary loss of information particularly when the aircraft is flying in a less than stable environment, and there has been other theories of one kind or another presented. One of the members had strongly suggested a product call (2-26 by CRC) a multi-purpose plastic safe lubricant, designed to improve electrical properties. I use this product spraying a small amount on both the contact pins and round contacts located on the battery itself, as well as other electrical connectors between the craft and battery pack, and have not had any further incidents to date. Btw, Home Depot carries the product.
Hope this suggestion helps you out.

Sketch6995 said:
I've had this happen and upon inspection of the battery I noticed it was beginning to swell.
take a good close look at your battery, and see if its pushing at the plastic case it's in. I can link you to a video that shows a swollen battery and a regular battery side by side.
http://youtu.be/KnC9eIz08YY

I've gotta call "********" on that video. I have a brand new battery, and a battery that causes an autoland at around 45%. Neither of my batteries show a gap on both sides. Both batteries are a little less than "hard as a rock" on the sides, but are extremely hard on the top and bottom. Neither battery show an indentation when pushed hard...

I think that video is based on the very limited sample that the author had to work with and means absolutely nothing to anyone else with a similar battery problem. IMHO, of course... :D

-slinger

I think we need to establish first if OP got the audible alarm as well as the visual battery alarm or just the sounding of the alarm on its own. It appears that he got the latter, in which case I feel that assuming it's a battery-related is perhaps a bit premature.

gunslinger said:
Sketch6995 said:
I've had this happen and upon inspection of the battery I noticed it was beginning to swell.
take a good close look at your battery, and see if its pushing at the plastic case it's in. I can link you to a video that shows a swollen battery and a regular battery side by side.

I've gotta call "********" on that video. I have a brand new battery, and a battery that causes an autoland at around 45%. Neither of my batteries show a gap on both sides. Both batteries are a little less than "hard as a rock" on the sides, but are extremely hard on the top and bottom. Neither battery show an indentation when pushed hard...

I think that video is based on the very limited sample that the author had to work with and means absolutely nothing to anyone else with a similar battery problem. IMHO, of course... :D

-slinger

All my 3 batteries were each mounted in the plastic case holder like that from new , nothing wrong with mine.

gunslinger said:
Sketch6995 said:

-slinger
well then i'll post a vid of all 7 of my batteries, they all have the gap except that one, and it was huge and squishy....and how can you doubt what you see with your own 2 eyes?? i would say your brand new battery that auto lands at 45% is bad from the start.....send it back and get a decent one. one that isnt swollen when you got it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik