Kite day at the beach

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Well to windy to drone fish so just couple pictures from otaki beach,keep my distance to be safe,,enjoy
org_8af9da1495bc8043_1581217450000.jpg
org_6054f098cb96c152_1581217330000.jpg
org_1061007ae9a2ff13_1581217370000.jpg
org_3603e3f7b963b87b_1581217412000.jpg
org_1cdc8ceee681f539_1581217606000.jpg
Screenshot_20200209-164817_Chrome.jpg

Great pics....what amazes me is that kites can be flown just about anywhere; but not drones. Of course kites are tethered and drones are free to roam. Drones can drop out of the sky, and kites can spiral down too. My understanding the reason we can't fly over people is a safety factor. Had a guy on the beach here in Florida, in a National Park, with huge kite that had an aluminum frame. He was flying over people. If it came spiraling down, that frame could take out a child. I asked the Park Ranger and he said kites are fine, drones are prohibited.
So why are kites allowed, and drones are banned? Just curious. ...

Great pics....what amazes me is that kites can be flown just about anywhere; but not drones. Of course kites are tethered and drones are free to roam. Drones can drop out of the sky, and kites can spiral down too. My understanding the reason we can't fly over people is a safety factor. Had a guy on the beach here in Florida, in a National Park, with huge kite that had an aluminum frame. He was flying over people. If it came spiraling down, that frame could take out a child. I asked the Park Ranger and he said kites are fine, drones are prohibited.

Back in 1993 I was station on Governor's Island NY (It's just off the tip of Manhattan - New York City) when it was a U.S. Coast Guard base. One nice summer's afternoon I was in the middle of the soccer field with my kids flying a HUGE Kitty Hawk kite. I estimate it was about 1-2 miles of line attached to the kite. Have a great day - enjoying flying when the Base Security come up, and 'ASKED' me (well - told me actually) to bring in my kite. When I asked why? Their answer - It was showing up(ON RADAR!) in the landing corridor for the JFK Airport! HOLY CRAP!! LOL!!

Anyway - great pictures! What, and where were they taken? New Zealand? But what beach? (I like to look up places we might visit someday.)

Thanks for posting!!

Doug

If you are ever in Nags Head NC (OBX) here's Kitty Hawk Kites!

WOW! Awesome pics. Did you shoot them in RAW and then post production brought out all those colors? Those pics are great!

I checked all the cars I did not see you . Did the Orange bear ever make it past tent level. hope you post some video of this carnival of flights.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the rain
Coal
No for some reason they stayed low but did look nice,I would have posted clip but I have given up,my device or me cant seem to upload clips like I could in the past,that's why now days I just post pictures and still has me stumped,can share to utube and copy link etc but never works to here anymore,,if I try manual load it's just media file to large even after editing it down so just gave up on it,,pictures only

WOW! Awesome pics. Did you shoot them in RAW and then post production brought out all those colors? Those pics are great!
Thanks yip raw pictures no editing at all, that's what the p4 sees and downloaded straight from gallery

Reactions: Capt KO
Very nice for a 12 MP camera. The pictures were so cool when I blew them up and could see all the individuals on the ground and the beach. Well done, I hope you can figure out the video transfer problem. Good luck on your fishing, I am still waiting for the water to warm up in March. Keep enjoying

You can also attach a camera to a kite.

No for some reason they stayed low but did look nice,I would have posted clip but I have given up,my device or me cant seem to upload clips like I could in the past,that's why now days I just post pictures and still has me stumped,can share to utube and copy link etc but never works to here anymore,,if I try manual load it's just media file to large even after editing it down so just gave up on it,,pictures only
Copy the link to video on YouTube and paste here to share your videos.

You have to use the Forum media button to post the link , you cannot just copy and paste anymore into the text field.
Its hidden with those 3 dots just in case you do not see them out your phone.
Screenshot 02-10-2020 13.23.25.png

You have to use the Forum media button to post the link , you cannot just copy and paste anymore into the text field.
Its hidden with those 3 dots just in case you do not see them out your phone.
View attachment 117184
Ha yes thanks have tryed this aswell with no luck ,,yes even in utube when I copy link to clipboard when I do this it comes up empty with error ...this might seem simple but have tryed many methods to share some clips but nothing works anymore which has me stumped because it used to work just fine,pictures come up straight away bit and video oh it dont want to know about it..checked all settings,,tab a has updated software,,most apps I use are regularly updated depending on what they read,,,it could be me being the operator but I could do it before lol:)
Screenshot_20200211-104929_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200211-105140_Chrome.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers