Kissimmee/Disney FL Area?

Reaction score
Hey there - the Central Florida topic covers a huge swath :)

I am in the Champion's Gate (I-4/Hwy 27) area. New to Phantom's and have a Phantom 2 3D Gimbal with GoPro and a GS.

Let me know if you're in this area and would like to get together to fly.

I have found a really cool flying area (In terms of perfect landing/take off areas and WIDE open field) It's a subdivision that never got built and has all paved roads etc.

Anyway - let me know!

:D

Reactions: TerKelDing
Heh. Believe it or not dude, we are "neighbors".
Look up "Osceola Flyers club".
They have a nice big flying field owned by the county.
A 500+ foot runway for planes and at least a half a mile of fairly flat open area to fly in.
But you need to be an AMA member and a club member to use it.
I live just up the road from it.

http://www.osceolaflyers.org/

https://vimeo.com/100601835

Suwaneeguy said:
Heh. Believe it or not dude, we are "neighbors".
Look up "Osceola Flyers club".
They have a nice big flying field owned by the county.
A 500+ foot runway for planes and at least a half a mile of fairly flat open area to fly in.
But you need to be an AMA member and a club member to use it.
I live just up the road from it.

http://www.osceolaflyers.org/

https://vimeo.com/100601835

Cool - I thought about joining when I was just flying Heli's - but never really felt confident enough in my ability. I'll give it another look.

I used to boat all the time in the big lake that comes right up to that area...

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Thanks for posting! I will be visiting this area soon. What is the location if this spot you are referring to? Have you had any issues (with people) flying around the Kissimmee area? Thanks!

I have a PH2v+ and am located in Dr. Philllips area. Hot weather is killing me so I fly early and late over here

Hey there - the Central Florida topic covers a huge swath :)

I am in the Champion's Gate (I-4/Hwy 27) area. New to Phantom's and have a Phantom 2 3D Gimbal with GoPro and a GS.

Let me know if you're in this area and would like to get together to fly.

I have found a really cool flying area (In terms of perfect landing/take off areas and WIDE open field) It's a subdivision that never got built and has all paved roads etc.

Anyway - let me know!

:D

I don't know if you still check this but I live in Kissimmee area if you want to meet up and fly. I just got a mavic pro about a week ago and love it! Let me know!

I don't know if you still check this but I live in Kissimmee area if you want to meet up and fly. I just got a mavic pro about a week ago and love it! Let me know!
I am in Poinciana area, p4p+ arriving any day now.
Will be huge learning curve for me.
Can you suggest areas to fly after I acquaint myself with this new drone?

Reactions: OlJerms
I honestly only know one place by old town it’s a wide open field short grass and a paved road that leads no where so I fly there sometimes just really boring flying alone and I have filmed everything there but we could meet and fly I have never flown a phantom though I own a mavic pro

I honestly only know one place by old town it’s a wide open field short grass and a paved road that leads no where so I fly there sometimes just really boring flying alone and I have filmed everything there but we could meet and fly I have never flown a phantom though I own a mavic pro
I am on Pleasant Hill Rd Poinciana, when Phantom arrives and I get firmware updated and become familiar with it i would love to get together with you for some flying time.
My #is 865-202-3420, email is [email protected]

Ciao Jerry

Hey everybody,

I’m in the process of moving from Daytona Beach to Davenport and even though we don’t move in until the end of the month, I have already been scouting the area a little for some good flying areas. I recently got my 107 too so I plan on being pretty active flying this coming year. Looking at the sectionals, there is some pretty open airspace in that area in the Championsgate vicinity and with the open spaces I’ve been seeing, I bet there are some good places to fly. It would be great to meet up with others in the area too. I’m flying a P3 4K right now but likely adding a Mavic Pro in the next couple of months.

Reactions: OlJerms
Hey everybody,

I’m in the process of moving from Daytona Beach to Davenport and even though we don’t move in until the end of the month, I have already been scouting the area a little for some good flying areas. I recently got my 107 too so I plan on being pretty active flying this coming year. Looking at the sectionals, there is some pretty open airspace in that area in the Championsgate vicinity and with the open spaces I’ve been seeing, I bet there are some good places to fly. It would be great to meet up with others in the area too. I’m flying a P3 4K right now but likely adding a Mavic Pro in the next couple of months.

Sounds awesome! Good luck with the move and I live in the Kissimmee area near Celebration Florida about 10 minutes from champions gate. So just message me or give me text when you get settled in and we could meet and fly! 863-660-0610

Jeremy

Reactions: TerKelDing
Sounds awesome! Good luck with the move and I live in the Kissimmee area near Celebration Florida about 10 minutes from champions gate. So just message me or give me text when you get settled in and we could meet and fly! 863-660-0610

Jeremy
Hey Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply and I will ping you once the dust settles! My fiancee works at the Kissimmee airport so we are always around that area near Celebration / Old Town etc. Our new house is just a few miles from Championsgate so it will be very convenient to live there!

Talk to you soon!

Terry

Hi Jeremy, I don't know if you still live / fly in Championsgate. I live in Kissimmee (about 20 minutes away) and I bought a Phantom 4 Advanced. It was crashed and had some damage and I have just rebuilt it. It's my first DJI drone so I haven't had a lot of experience with it. Let me know if you are still in the area and maybe we can meet up and fly a bit. Cheers, Paul

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic