Kindle Fire HD with DJGo App?

I dont think a kindle will work azmopic the list is on the dji phantom 3 download page its got to be android or ios device

I installed it on my Kindle Fire HDX 7" as have a number of people. I got the version, I believe 2.40, from the Google Play Store. The Fire doesn't have GPS so I just went ahead and got, on recommendation of this forum a Nvidia Shield K1. It was $199 from Amazon. And being it has GPS I will now be able to get the maps.

Just finished installing Google Play on my Fire HD 6", running the latest Amazon operating system (5.1.2). Then, I added Google Maps (using the Play store), did a WiFi tether to my Samsung Galaxy 5, and now my Fire HD has MAPS!!! Great match for the Standard!
Here's the video on how to install the Google services on your Fire HD device:
Tomorrow I'll be plugging this in via micro USB:
Amazon.com: GlobalSat ND-105C Micro USB GPS Receiver: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'll let you know how it works out. Obviously, with my P3S, I will have the cache the maps, as my WiFi will be occupied while I fly. I already opened the Flight Records and it is downloading the maps as I view my old flights. Pretty cool, considering the price, performance, and durability of the Fire HD. Screen works pretty well outdoors, too, no hood.

Reactions: hognut
Just finished installing Google Play on my Fire HD 6", running the latest Amazon operating system (5.1.2). Then, I added Google Maps (using the Play store), did a WiFi tether to my Samsung Galaxy 5, and now my Fire HD has MAPS!!! Great match for the Standard!
Here's the video on how to install the Google services on your Fire HD device:
Tomorrow I'll be plugging this in via micro USB:
Amazon.com: GlobalSat ND-105C Micro USB GPS Receiver: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'll let you know how it works out. Obviously, with my P3S, I will have the cache the maps, as my WiFi will be occupied while I fly. I already opened the Flight Records and it is downloading the maps as I view my old flights. Pretty cool, considering the price, performance, and durability of the Fire HD. Screen works pretty well outdoors, too, no hood.

Any update?

Yes. I got the GPS dongle to work with the included GPS Info program, but i have not been able to get the dongle to interface with the Google maps. Been busy on other projects, but i'll keep you posted.
Even without live GPS, the Fire works great on my Standard, I've dedicated it to that purpose.

I've been using the Kindle Fire HD with my P4; It works, but the live image is a big laggy. Still, I've heard others say they didn't have issue, so I might just need to do a full restore to my Kindle and start from scratch as it has about two years worth of stuff on it to bog it down.

I've been using the Kindle Fire HD with my P4; It works, but the live image is a big laggy. Still, I've heard others say they didn't have issue, so I might just need to do a full restore to my Kindle and start from scratch as it has about two years worth of stuff on it to bog it down.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1565 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The image is terrible on auto, I had to set the channel mode to manual and lower the transmission code rate to get anything useful. Once I did that, it was manageable, especially out in the country where I didn't have any other interference to contend with. For some reason the live image on the Kindle seems especially bad in the city, even though I can get smooth video using my iPhone. I can only assume the added interference is the cause, but I can't explain why it doesn't show up on the phone.

I have both DJI Go and DJI Go 4 working. Other than the video lag, the only issue I've run into in ~30 flights I've had is the app crashed twice and the entire Kindle crashed once mid flight. In those cases I used the return to home button on the transmitter to bring the drone back to me, but in all occasions I had the app back up and running before the drone started to descend.

I went ahead and uploaded a short video recorded by the DJI app to give you an idea of what you might face while using a Kindle Fire HD.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20