Kids first real drone

FCD

Reaction score
What's a good bird to start an eight-year-old on? Would like to get something a little more sophisticated than just a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

yeah syma 8xg

Reactions: Nickster
or a nano cheerson cx10

Do not start him on a quadcopter. You will be doing him a greater service by starting him with a medium size electric (fixed-wing) trainer airplane.

I started my kids with a syma x5 and they learn fairly quick. This bird is very light and can take many crashes with little to no damage. After many many mishaps I only had to replace prop guards and one motor. They will need a quad to practice their take off and landings. I started them with simple circles then figure eights. Get extra batteries because they will want to fly more then 5 minutes.

My kids all started on Syma X5c's to learn how to fly without GPS (atti mode). They all fly racing quads now thanks to that

A good start would be to teach him about the FAA and the minimum age for flying a UAV :grinning:

The Syma is a pretty good one to start with.

Did that with my son. Got him a udir/c for Christmas. Before he was allowed to open it, he and I both went through FAA rules on the website and I made him register, even though it was below the limit. I told him that he needed to do this to learn the responsibility of this and following the rules. Best thing I could have done since I go over it with him from time to time and he remembers it all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jeganx and flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik