Keeping phone charged while flying

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything.

Any recommendations for keeping a phone or tablet charged while flying? I seem to eat up battery power pretty quick while flying. I usually use my iPhone 6.

Thanks in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't see how it would possible having an issue w/ a full charge(like u should be doing) unless your phone's days r numbered

All my iPhones have always had bad battery drain when using GPS. Even if I use Waze, without a charger it would die within an hour. So just curious how others keep their devices charged or if they do while flying

Your phone keeps records of whats using power,the most power ect. Go into settings and check

Last edited:
you're posting in the standard/4K section. so you can just use an inexpensive USB battery pack to charge while flying.

I glued an Aukey 20000 Mah Battery Pack to the bottom of the controller. Works well.

As others have suggested, you can velcro a power bank behind the controller to charge both the controller and mobile device in the field.

Though, it will make the whole contraption heavy. Maybe invest in some proper neck/body straps as well, if you haven't.

As others have suggested, get a small usb battery pack. I keep mine in my pocket & use a 3ft lightning cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31