Keeping H3-3D stable during travel

Reaction score
I've seen the 3d printed product for stabilizing the H3-3D + GoPro but I don't usually travel with my GoPro attached. Any suggestions on keeping the gimbal stable to avoid any damage while in transit? I use the HPRC fitted travel hard case (love it almost as much as my entire setup). Thanks.

ddublu said:
I've seen the 3d printed product for stabilizing the H3-3D + GoPro but I don't usually travel with my GoPro attached. Any suggestions on keeping the gimbal stable to avoid any damage while in transit? I use the HPRC fitted travel hard case (love it almost as much as my entire setup). Thanks.

Only ones I have seen involve having the Gopro mounted.
I wonder if it is possible to do something using the original H3-3D packaging somehow?
I never kept my box so cant remember what it was like :)

You didn't state why you won't leave it attached so I figured maybe if it was just a concern about the lens I'd try to help out with that. You're going to find that short of unmounting the gimbal and putting it back in the original packaging, most if not all of the 3d printed gimbal stabilizer options assume you leave the gopro mounted, as was also stated above... so you may want to rethink that is all. You're absolutely right that having the gimbal flop around is a terrible idea.

QYV said:
You didn't state why you won't leave it attached so I figured maybe if it was just a concern about the lens I'd try to help out with that. You're going to find that short of unmounting the gimbal and putting it back in the original packaging, most if not all of the 3d printed gimbal stabilizer options assume you leave the gopro mounted, as was also stated above... so you may want to rethink that is all. You're absolutely right that having the gimbal flop around is a terrible idea.

No worries. I use my GoPro a lot before and after flying and during the trip. Surprised there's nothing out there for this.

ddublu said:
QYV said:
yea leave the GoPro mounted and get a lens cover. and then one of the 3d printed gimbal locks

example of a lens cover: http://www.amazon.com/Lens-GoPro-HERO3- ... lens+cover

As I mentioned above, I'm looking for a solution for protection without the GoPro attached.

Ahh it wasn't clear in your first post but there are two clips available on Shapeways. One requires the gopro attached while the other doesn't

Here are both:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2050481/zenclip-dji-phantom-2-zenmuse-h3-3d.html?materialId=6 Edit: fixed link to HD-3D

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2292472/zenmuse-travel-clip.html?materialId=6

The first one appears to work without the gopro. Take a look at their pictures.

Edit: However, if your using the quick connect clip it doesn't look like the first option would fit well. I ordered the second clip and it is on production now. Probably another 2 weeks before I receive it so I cannot comment on it yet. I did get the gopro quick release as well and received it just a few days ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.