Keep your Original Package!

Reaction score
OK, it might be too late for most of you on this forum, but it's a good idea to keep the original box the Phantom 2 Vision came in, or at least take a picture of the QR codes on the box for the camera! I'm learning this the hard way... After attempting to mod my range extender for a TP-Link 5 dbi antenna, I killed my range extender and ordered a replacement. Now, my camera cannot bind with the range extender and the Vision App is totally useless! I've contacted DJI US and the online retailer to assist in getting the camera QR code, but no one is responding. Luckily, the weather has been crap so I'm not able to fly, but once my Rotorpixel gimbal arrives (I'm probably in the 3rd or 4th production run....) :cry: I just figured with all the suggestions on upgrading WIFI range, this might be helpful to someone...

I couldn't connect to my camera when the unit arrived and I don't have a QR code on my original box. I sent a note to [email protected] with my S/N's and got a response with my QR code in less than 12 hours.

Good luck!

Because for some stupid freaking reason the QR code that's on the camera isn't the one you need.
They were much better building railroads those Chinamen. ;)

If you're able to find out the mac address of your camera you can create your own QR code.

I received a replacement camera from B&H with no new QR code (or lens cap :x ) so I had to do the following:
Decode the code on the box
Edit the SSID, MAC address and S/N.
Create a new code with the edited info
Scan and bind with the app.

Basically all you have to do is find the MAC address and S/N and replace the old with the new in the following code and create your QR image ready to be scanned:
http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOM VISION&3=AKxxxxxxxxxxxx&4=FC200_006f29&5=60601F006F29

3=Serial number
4=SSID (format:FC200_XXXXXX - last 6 numbers of the mac address with letters lowercase)
5=MAC Address (All letters in uppercase)

http://qr4.cloudapp.net/Text-QR-Code.aspx this website will give you a downloadable PNG with your new QR code.

I used this program http://download.cnet.com/inSSIDer/3000-18508_4-10848357.html to find the MAC Address, there are many alternatives out there so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps, It's a totally frustrating process with no intended purpose apart from taking a bit of power away from the end user.

I like others.... I just cut it off the box then put it in the case so I'll have it later if I need it.

Thank you, BJay for that excellent backup option! I followed tlastrange's advice and sent [email protected] an email and sure enough they responded. Around the same time, I received responses from [email protected] and helipal.com (not the online store where I got the replacement range extender). I also did not get a reply from [email protected]. I plan to print out the code and keep it in the case!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie