Keep it below 400 feet

Reaction score
Thought some of you that continue to fly at high altitudes would find this interesting
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dennis6112
Lol good one! Would never happen like that but with all the hysteria I guess that's what the sheeple think.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I hope it sends a message to all of those who enjoy flying over the clouds

Reactions: snowghost
hahah, sorry not happening, those blades wouldn't even know it hit something.

Assuming the phantom came off second best and the Heli continued to fly and land safely the owner would be looking for someone to pay the bill. You are looking at 10's of thousands of dollars just for tail rotor blades and they almost certainly would be a mandated replacement.

Yep, I'm sure those blades are made for all kinds of trash that gets kicked up and sucked into their path. Still, I know what the video is trying to do, so it is overly graphic for its intended message-Don't fly around airports and heliports, and don't fly recklessly.

Yup, these toys are dangerous.
Anything that comes in contact with a f/s aircraft... must be reported.
Repair costs are significant.

Yeah we love this dramatic style in Europe....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
No nuke exploded? Only the heli crashed?
For some it could be a lot worse...

This is just a soft bird (no metal parts) ...

It surprises me how many think their drone wouldnt cause any damage here.

That is a WAR plane??? Ha ha ha...They should redesign the whole thing. It takes flak and bullets but not a bird...

That can happen to ANY jet aircraft, yes - this is an armoured war plane ... and ALL other aircraft are not armoured so they will take even more damage.

Now consider smaller aircraft, ones with an open canopy, Paramotors, Micro/Ultra Light, etc.

Still not convinced? Fly it at your own face at full speed, then try at 100mph, 500mph etc and post your results.

Last edited:
OMG! Was that real? That kid killed like a dozen people! I can't believe that didn't even make the news. [emoji57]

Just seen a few zombies...with drones!

Yeah we love this dramatic style in Europe....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Jayzus Chryst!
I don't think that commercial would be allowed in the US! For all that is sacred and holy, WTF?!

I was talking to a property guy near Tehachapi, CA that has a huge wind farm to the east of town. Evidently they have a federal "Take-permit" that allows them to shoot 1,500 eagles per year and the endangered CA Condor if they are around the windmills. I don't know how much those birds weigh, but they must do some damage to the windmill blades somehow if they are allowed to shoot them since they are protected as far as the public is concerned. They did have one where one blade broke off and they shut the highway down next to it for fear another blade may break off from the imbalance until they could brake it down. They don't seem to spin that fast, maybe 60 feet long blades. Must be thin or some composite that doesn't hold up if they get hit or nicked. I don't know if they allow drones around them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were banned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic