Kauai, Hawaii in 2 minutes - Must see!!

Reaction score
I've only seen one video on Kauai posted on this forum. Visited in September and got a chance to try some of the autopilot app modes. Thought I'd share a quick 2min vid of some beautiful highlights of the island from North, South, East, and West. No slow go music here, so hold on for fast ride....Enjoy!

great job.

that shot by the hotel at the end looked crazy windy. how windy was it that day and did it stay dry from the waterfall mist?

Wow,
Excellent video,
Ill be on Maui in April with my P3P in tow.
I hope I can do half the job you did getting
some video.

Reactions: 2nd2non
Beautiful job, loved the blow hole and pineapple patches. Professional looking, we could take lessons. Thanks for sharing.

great job.

that shot by the hotel at the end looked crazy windy. how windy was it that day and did it stay dry from the waterfall mist?
Very windy over hotel and at end shot with car. Gusts 30-40mph. The car shot was a "follow me" that turned into a blow away. It kept the car in the view so I kept the shot [emoji6].
No issue with moisture from waterfall as the mist was lower and to sides.

Beautiful job, loved the blow hole and pineapple patches. Professional looking, we could take lessons. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Had a damaged gimbal so some shots were a little shaky in the wind

great job..nice scenery... cool video ! ...one thing i noticed... it looked to me like you didnt lock your exposure...helps a lot if you do ..... you dont get those exposure changes when you pan up with the camera... keep up the good work !!

great job..nice scenery... cool video ! ...one thing i noticed... it looked to me like you didnt lock your exposure...helps a lot if you do ..... you dont get those exposure changes when you pan up with the camera... keep up the good work !!
Yep...one of the issues with autopilot app. Been asking them for this for awhile... When manual flying, I usually do this unless I forget after a start/stop recording.

Yep...one of the issues with autopilot app. Been asking them for this for awhile... When manual flying, I usually do this unless I forget after a start/stop recording.
yeah i noticed right before you cut to a diff. shot it gets darker/lighter.... great job tho.... u got some sick shots there...gonna be visiting hawaii soon... bringing my bird for sure :)

I lost my first P3P inside a canyon due to wind gusts up to 40mph (I know as the bird stalled at full speed). So I was moved to do a tribute. This also shows my determination (and arrogance) to conquer the canyon 3 days later [emoji15]

I loved that spin around the car at the end. Great control work there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of my cuts are accidental. That shot was an autopilot follow me that turned into a blow away when wind gusts shot up over 30mph. It kept my car in the view so it turned out nice by accident. [emoji6]

I've only seen one video on Kauai posted on this forum. Visited in September and got a chance to try some of the autopilot app modes. Thought I'd share a quick 2min vid of some beautiful highlights of the island from North, South, East, and West. No slow go music here, so hold on for fast ride....Enjoy!

i liked the green in this video :)

i liked the green in this video :)
Yea, it was intentional as I tried different LUTs. My favorite is the M31 cinema LUT (used in the last shot with follow-me of SUV). This one (or similar) is used in many movies like Star Trek and the new Moby **** movie.

Very nice, enjoyed the trip and the views. Beautiful shot of the mountain areas!!

Which app do you use the M31 LUT with?
I use Sony movie studio and Sony Vegas and have the free vision color LUT plugin. I use it for all my LUTs and works great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4