Karma drone coming September 19.

Doubt it will beat the Phantom on value and video quality.

Reactions: scootrkitz
That is very interesting. DJI isn't done with new releases just yet!

A compact drone with folding arms just leaked. Also September release:
wm220_main_Title_QCG.jpg

Remember! It's Karma! Make No Mistake!
Autel has a place here! There have been ties for a while with Go Pro and Autel for some time.
Let's wait for the final results Release of the KARMA by Go Pro on the 19th 2016.

There is an indoor video clip demonstrating the Karma. The karma isn't pictured in the video but it was demonstrating how it was flying through a library, going from the ceiling and down through bookshelves. I hope it isn't heavily cut and edited footage to trick the consumer. Could the Karma be the size of a bebop using the Gopro Session camera on lightweight 2/3 axis gimbal?

There is an indoor video clip demonstrating the Karma. The karma isn't pictured in the video but it was demonstrating how it was flying through a library, going from the ceiling and down through bookshelves. I hope it isn't heavily cut and edited footage to trick the consumer. Could the Karma be the size of a bebop using the Gopro Session camera on lightweight 2/3 axis gimbal?
It looks a lot like it will have a HERO 5 on a 3 axis gimbal and it is about as wide as a 3DR Solo but with a lower profile.
Take look at my post on the GoPro Pilots forum,there are some links to leaked pics.
Release Date Announced

Go pro used to be part of everyday drone flying! DJI, did away with right?
GoPro is still an every day part of flying,for me.:)

That was definitely not a drone.

looks like the camera is built into the body for a sleeker and more portable design?
how would it land though? catch and release method? hehe

Its obviously quite small from the video clips. Also note that all the clips have sound. I would be very interested to see if that is native audio recording from the camera - would be odd that they would add in post as that is a bit misleading. Perhaps a very directional mic?

There must be a revolutionary design in the propulsion system. I am thinking the props and motor could be in a tube-like-turbine to focus lift and hence we see no air disturbance with leaves, dirt or hair in the library clip. Another is how the skier is able safely release the karma in the middle of a jump. The VeeDub clip makes me think how small this drone and how versatile it may be.

Just my .02...

I think its going after a slightly different market than the Phantom market. Not saying there isn't cross-over, but I think the Karma is going after the "No flying Experience Needed" consumer, the "video selfie" consumer. It will probably either be controlled by a non-traditional R/C controller, OR have a standard R/C controller and a wand (ala Yuneec) or some wearable device to control it.

I think the camera will be able to rotate on the X and Y axis, it will not have an integrated camera but allow you to use one of the more recent GoPros and may be a gateway to some new camera. I would think it would also have some type of collision avoidance since GoPro is geared towards the "action" market.

I don't expect anything ground breaking in its capabilities. I think it'll be a mix of what is already out there today, but maybe from different manufacturers. I don't think it'll have, ground breaking propulsion system; substantially longer flight times; faster speeds with collision avoidance turned on.

Just my .02.. I could be WAY off..

No guarantee all (any?) of the footage was shot with the subject drone or any drone (the library sequence?).

I agree there will be no revolutionary propulsion and sound will be useless from an on-board mic., clearly Foley.

Reactions: SamNetwork
It's quite apparent that many here have never flown a P2 with GoPro camera or even listened to unedited aerial video from a GP camera

Now doesn't that sound great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair