Just want to make sure

Reaction score
So I just got my P3 yesterday and I did the firmware upgrade today but just to make sure I want to ask you guys if this is correct. I copied the file on the sd card and put it into the phantom and after about 30 min. or so I came back and took it out( no I didn't hear any beeps because I was away) and I plugged it back into the pc and this is what it says ' The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft' so thats done I guess? already had the right firmware right? and then I did the same with the transmiitter and it says '
Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.' so is that good too? I just want to make sure so don't be to hard on me. Yes I did read the entire manual, but just want to double check. And one more thing guys, with my old phantom v2 I had a download I could plug my bird into and check all stats and make adjustments. Is that not available with the P3? How do you calibrate your transmitter?

short answer - yes.

I had the same experience you did... everything was fine. You should be good to go unless the pilot app tells you something is not right.

I had a download I could plug my bird into and check all stats and make adjustments. Is that not available with the P3? How do you calibrate your transmitter?
This is all done from the DJI Pilot application.

If you just got the bird, it's already got the latest firmware.

Everyone should be double-checking though -- since some birds could have been sitting around for quite a while.

So I just got my P3 yesterday and I did the firmware upgrade today but just to make sure I want to ask you guys if this is correct. I copied the file on the sd card and put it into the phantom and after about 30 min. or so I came back and took it out( no I didn't hear any beeps because I was away) and I plugged it back into the pc and this is what it says ' The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft' so thats done I guess? already had the right firmware right? and then I did the same with the transmiitter and it says '
Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.' so is that good too? I just want to make sure so don't be to hard on me. Yes I did read the entire manual, but just want to double check. And one more thing guys, with my old phantom v2 I had a download I could plug my bird into and check all stats and make adjustments. Is that not available with the P3? How do you calibrate your transmitter?
I learned a lot about the pilot app here:

Awesome guys I really appreciate all the help, but I do have one more question. When the camera is at its highest position it makes a little noise from the gimbal, is that normal. Reason why is because I remember the PV2 not making any noise at all until you spun the motors of course. When I received my phantom yesterday the gimbal lock had fallen off inside the box.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20