Just unboxed P4, should install newest firmware on everything

Reaction score
As the title states, I received my P4 earlier this week and charged everything up. Haven't done anything else yet since I was waiting for my Sheild K1 to show up (which it did today). Now I'm ready to get everything up and going for this weekend. Should I upgrade firmware on the P4 and controller. Also should I get the newest firmware on the Sheild (pretty sure it has the lollipop and not the marshmallow) . Have read a few topics concerning the newest marshmallow firmware for Android and the DJI app.

Thanks

The current P4 firmware is stable, so it would be a good idea to install it. If you choose to do so, make sure you install the firmware on the Phantom before the remote controller. Otherwise, you will most likely run into issues.

Reactions: yannicksjh
I would stick with lollipop runs great

Yann, I just got my P4 yesterday and it said I had the latest firmware! So this was shipped from China to Canada to my dealer in Calgary then to Ontario, this would take at least 3 weeks and my firmware is the latest. ????? Fly's like a charm out of hell. LOVE IT!

Yann, I just got my P4 yesterday and it said I had the latest firmware! So this was shipped from China to Canada to my dealer in Calgary then to Ontario, this would take at least 3 weeks and my firmware is the latest. ????? Fly's like a charm out of hell. LOVE IT!

Might be the same for me then, I had the EXACT shipping process

Multirotorheli?

In anticipation to get my bird I had installed dji go a couple of days before and it was 2.7.2 and when I opened it yesterday it was 2.8, it updated on it's own. I don't know if that's a good thing.

Multiroheli for me and he made me a good deal because I got other stuff. Drone warehouse would have bean pretty much the same price. Im still waiting for a few back orders and a missing battery for headplay. I should get it soon.

I got the drone, props, spare battery and case and no deal for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20