Just took delivery, unboxed and turned on. Is this a defect?

Reaction score
Are the power on self test sounds and lights different on the Vision+? This is not what I'm used to hearing on my Phantom 2 Vision and might be a sign of a defective Phantom+. I literally just unboxed it and turned it on. Haven't even put the props on the thing. Aside from the missing tones at startup it seems to be working fine. It got satellite lock sitting here in my family room and started flashing green to signal ready to fly. Anyway here's the startup sequence.

http://youtu.be/EctR85nKyxU

Re: Just took delivery, unboxed and turned on. Is this a def

plainolmoo said:
Are the power on self test sounds and lights different on the Vision+? This is not what I'm used to hearing on my Phantom 2 Vision and might be a sign of a defective Phantom+. I literally just unboxed it and turned it on. Haven't even put the props on the thing. Aside from the missing tones at startup it seems to be working fine. It got satellite lock sitting here in my family room and started flashing green to signal ready to fly. Anyway here's the startup sequence.

http://youtu.be/EctR85nKyxU
different than what? more than likely it's working as advertised. Read the manual to ensure the light sequence reflects accordingly. Also note that the light sequence is somewhat different in the PHANTOM vs. NAZA mode. So if you've been using NAZA mode on a an earlier version Phantom, than it would be different on your 'out of the box' Vision+ since it is defaulted to PHANTOM mode. This mode can be changed to NAZA using the Assistance software.

I understand from reading other posts on here that the 2+ does not make the same "end" sounds that you are familiar with from the P2V. I think what you have and are hearing is correct....but I'm wondering, did you have to pay extra for the baseball play by play feature??

[Grins]

Thanks guys for the quick replies. Yes the second set of tones that I used to hear on my P2V is what I was concerned about not hearing so I'm in good shape. (And my Nats are destroying Houston) LOL!

Now if only this rain would stop I can test this baby out!

plainolmoo said:

Just to give you further peace of mind.
http://youtu.be/FdpGiqMKiYE

Have both the Vision and the V+.
The + is missing some beeps...its normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4