Just to confirm..... Am I right?

Reaction score
Hi guys just to confirm...

Course lock is when the drone returns to where your controller is no matter where you walk when it launched

Home lock is where the drone will return to even if you walk away.

Just that I never used anything else apart from the default "RTH when signal is lost"
1486264624389.png

Neon Euc

No. Course lock means forward (let's say that was north) will always be forward (north) regardless of which way the AC nose is pointing. Some systems call it headless mode.
Home lock is home position is center. Pulling forward increases radius from home, pulling back decreases radius regardless of AC heading or position from home.
Follow me would be closer to your description since it is based on mobile/RC GPS position (assuming not on Android 3.1.2 version of Go app).
You can change your home position in flight based on AC or mobile app position. Just don't do this with Android Go 3.1.2 or you'll position home about 2 miles NWN from your actual position.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Neon Euc
Home lock will enable you to fly at a (ahem) reasonable distance away from you and pulling back on the stick will bring it straight back your controller. I use it quite a lot when trying to pinpoint where you are at a distance. I do use the map and the drone icon to follow my path back but home lock is simple and it works.
Course lock is for aiming at an object and flying dead straight at it. It enables you to focus on your filming without having to focus on stick input when I am filming along the beach.
Probably a simplistic answer but that's how I use it.

Reactions: Neon Euc
course lock is like drawing a line in the sky and the phantom is like locked on to that line , forward is always forward on that line , if you move sideways forward is parallel to that line , home lock is like you are standing in the center of a circle , pulling back on the right stick will bring your phantom back towards center no matter what direction you fly off to

Does course lock work differently on newer Phantoms?. I have P1s and have tested it quite a bit but the explanations here don't seem to make much sense to me. I know you may initiate it differently as I can only do it with my S2 switch and it is dependent on which direction my quad is facing at start up although I can change it in the air also. .

Reactions: rebelyellNC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20