Just some frozen lake fun!

Reaction score
For all of you in the warm climates, frozen lakes can be a lot of fun! Just thought I'd share my first video from my P2. Just picked it up a few weeks ago and am loving every moment of it, just wish it was a bit warmer outside.

Just ordered my Black Pearl screen so I can actually frame my shots. I lucked out on a few of my shots since I was just guessing at what was in frame. I also might switch the FOV to medium or switch to 2.7k so I can crop out the blades.

Thanks for viewing! Hopefully it doesn't bore you too much!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxixtGd8z8

I'm in Scottsdale, Az. 83 degrees here today. Sorry... Had to do it. Happy and safe flying.

fun times on the ice!

really cool video. a lot of great effects in that 2nd one.
i was assuming that the shots towards the end where the camera is stationary in the apex of the turn, that the camera was propped up on something other than the phantom, but when it gets knocked over, i see a red glow of the led. was that on the phantom?

poostik said:
fun times on the ice!

really cool video. a lot of great effects in that 2nd one.
i was assuming that the shots towards the end where the camera is stationary in the apex of the turn, that the camera was propped up on something other than the phantom, but when it gets knocked over, i see a red glow of the led. was that on the phantom?

I debated posting the video since it wasn't filmed 100% on the phantom. That section was just a gopro mounted on a traffic cone.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm slowly getting better at editing.

Nah. I think it's fine. One of the reasons I got the Phantom was to enhance my videos with the aerial perspective. I make some amateur videos of parties, fitness events and other things. They mostly consist of video, pictures and some stop motion. I plan to add this stuff in now too, once I get better at flying.

What did you use for editing?

p.s.
watching that big pickup with the plow, drifting, cracks me the hell up.

Awesome videos lukedude - I'm actually down in Minneapolis, are you local to the area? Would be cool to start a local user group for things like this and get a bunch of Phantoms out there to stitch together.

Shoot me a direct message if you're interested!

poostik said:
Nah. I think it's fine. One of the reasons I got the Phantom was to enhance my videos with the aerial perspective. I make some amateur videos of parties, fitness events and other things. They mostly consist of video, pictures and some stop motion. I plan to add this stuff in now too, once I get better at flying.

What did you use for editing?

p.s.
watching that big pickup with the plow, drifting, cracks me the hell up.

I used a mix of GoPro Studio, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects.

windexh8er said:
Awesome videos lukedude - I'm actually down in Minneapolis, are you local to the area? Would be cool to start a local user group for things like this and get a bunch of Phantoms out there to stitch together.

Shoot me a direct message if you're interested!
I'm in Crystal but definitely check out this thread of other MN phantom owners: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4606

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj