Just Sliced Aerial Wire Off

Reaction score
Ive accidentally sliced off one of the aerial leads that either receives the wifi or tx signal (its the one at the front of the Vision).

I was changing the landing legs, had a dodgy screw and rotated the leg to get to it easier. Thus slicing the lead and me shedding a few tears :(

Please tell me its easy/cheap to repair :cry:

aQLtKeq.jpg

XXIfyXE.jpg

I dont suppose it can be soldered back? :?

*edit*
It looks like I will need a new receiver board, and it doesnt cost too much - https://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/quadc ... n-receiver

Just not sure I can do it myself :(

:)

Very easy to do ! Done it and you know me !!
If I can do it a caveman can do it !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEsdj2SaMw
You just be changing the board and not be having to deal with the black goo of death !!
Hold your bird upside down and look in the battery hole and you can see it on the left :D
TIP / Let the board come out and go back in from the bottom ;)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 630
Also note that the video Dirk listed is from the + quad. Your picture shows you have the non + quad. Same operation, just that first board in good video will not be there. Not a hard job to replace the entire board. Just take care and follow the video.

Attachments

• No board.png
    No board.png
    293.6 KB · Views: 651
Thanks guys.

Ill order the board tomorrow. I'd rather not be digging around inside the Vision just incase I do mess something up, and patience isnt something I have. I'd rather pay some one to do it properly :)

Thanks again :)

You are welcome.
Too bad you are not just down the road and not zillions of miles away.
That job would be done real cheap.
Have fun when you get back in the air and fly safe.

Stealthdude said:
The cable just plugs into the board, just buy a new cable and replace. No need to buy a new board.
I take it you have never ran into the "Black Goo of Death" that locks those micro U.fl connectors onto that board. Almost impossible to remove.

I have a board on its way. It will be easier to replace the whole thing rather than just the wire (hopefully :))

Stealthdude said:
Mine had no black goo when I replaced the antenna for a different type, just clicked off.
Just to be sure we are on the same page, this is the 5.8 Ghz board on the P2V?

I've been quoted about £25 to replace it. I'll have a go at doing it myself, if I run out of patience I'll get them to do it :)

Cyclone said:
I've been quoted about £25 to replace it. I'll have a go at doing it myself, if I run out of patience I'll get them to do it :)
Watch the video several times, take pictures as you go along before you make a change, work slowly, and if something gets you "upset" just take a break. The job is somewhat involved, but not that difficult.

Yeah ive watched that video a few times. It looks straight forward enough :)

:lol: to the picture Dirk :mrgreen:

Who said it was difficult?? :D

There was a slight 'crunch' as the new board went in (hopefully nothing broken), but its all connected, the transmitter is binded and all the motors start up!! Yayyy!!

Thanks for the help guys!!

Oh and Dirk.......

RTRMLNT.jpg

:mrgreen:

After fixing this and adding the 15mm pvc tubing to the Vison + landing legs, Ive decided to go with the HobbyKing legs. I didnt like the look of the tubing taped to the bottom, it was too messy for my liking.

pqh8EEe.jpg

The HobbyKing legs are about 1.5" longer than stock and the RPG gimbal has room to move without hitting the ground, which was the whole point of replacing the legs.

Only issue I have now is that when I yaw it goes round in a circle rather than spinning on the spot. I might just get a pro to have a look at this as Im running out of patience :)

Good job. Nice eyes. Now all it needs is some big teeth. :)

Cyclone I know you were in another thread on this but look at this one and maybe it will help ya on your issue .
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33384
I am going to get a piece of glass to set across the top and try that with mine . It spins alright but wants to slingshot to the side when I stop .

Thanks Dirk. I'll have a read through that in the morning.

I'm normally in General Discussion or in here. I need to read other forum sections.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20