Just returned repair from DJI...no lift...won't fly.

Reaction score
Just had my camera and gimbal replaced by DJI. They stated they test flew the unit and it worked properly. The first time I tried to fly the unit started up fine but when I toggle the control forward to begin flight there is not enough power to get it off the ground. Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

One side note...I did not send in the RC control with the unit so they test flew it with a different control. I did re-bind the wifi extender and transmitter to the unit. One thing I noticed when hooking up the unit to Phantom 2 Assistant was that it showed it was in Naza mode at first. I assume they used that mode when testing it. I changed it back to Phantom mode and did a recalibration. Could this be an issue?

Any weird lights?
Near airports?
Check your battery limits on the assistance. I know you cannot lift on second battery warning.

Tech support had me calibrate the RC in Mode 2 and it solved the problem. That was after of course they had me do it in mode one and told me that would for sure fix the problem.

pddriggs said:
Tech support had me calibrate the RC in Mode 2 and it solved the problem. That was after of course they had me do it in mode one and told me that would for sure fix the problem.
Makes sense.
Unless I'm mistaken, mode 1 reverses the sticks so your throttle is on the right and cyclic is on the left.
So if you were in mode 1 and pushing up on the left stick, you were just giving forward cylic, no throttle. You'd probably see some motor rev from it trying to tilt forward but not enough throttle to lift off.

Hello,
I sent my djiP2+ to fix the crazy gimbal to the California factory. It has been like 9 days since the ups tracking said me that the package was delivered and no response to my emails.
Could you tell me something about this process and what was the problem with your gimbal? Mine wasn't broke but was crazy because a crash.
It was expesive?
Thanks,

Gimbal/camera is way too delicate, and really a poor design. Any crash where the copter lands upside down puts the entire crash inertia weight of the camera and tilt gimbal on the 2nd gimbal motor, the bearing shaft is only pressed fit into the mating part. Once it breaks loose, you have tilted camera, or the crazy camera dance. Some people have fixed it by super glueing the shaft back in to lock it in place after it broke free, after opening up the back of the gimbal and aligning the bearing shaft.
Replacement camera/gimbal costs $679.00 :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers