Just ordered the Phantom 2 Vision +. Now what??

Reaction score
New to the forums, Hi!

So I just placed my order from DJI and hoping I get it soon.

I was wondering, do you all have any suggestions on accessories or any advice? I was kind of bummed that they didnt sell the P2V+ with the Hero 3, I might have to update that and sell the camera it comes with. Anyways, just wanted to get some feed back on any ideas or suggestions you all might have.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Extra battery and if you are going to be using your iPhone check eBay for some type of sunshield so you can see the screen and camera settings when using it for FPV. I used mine today for the first time and it was a life saver. Also, join the AMA. Best money you'll spend.

Regards,
J.

The manual is available on-line. I would for sure read that cover to cover. Especially about the Fail-safe and when home position is establish. And the light signals and what they mean.

I would also get familiarize with the pre-flight procedures. Consult both manual and on here.

I would also scout out a site that's suitable for your first flight after you have finished reading the manual and knows what to take into consideration.

I would look around YouTube and this forum on what is "Hand catching" your phantom and its danger and decide for yourself if you want to do that (I do it all the time).

You'll want a few other things that DJI don't provide. For example, a K-index monitor app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... k.Kmonitor

If K-index is 4 or above, I wouldn't risk it.

Optional, but hell of a lot of fun and useful to get is Flytrex Core/Core 2 (I have Core).
http://www.flytrex.com/

Hold on prop guard, hold on landing gear.

I would look and decide on a prop balancer. Search youtube or online to see what it is and decide if you need one.

Jeffin916 said:

I was wondering, do you all have any suggestions on accessories or any advice? I was kind of bummed that they didnt sell the P2V+ with the Hero 3, I might have to update that and sell the camera it comes with. Anyways, just wanted to get some feed back on any ideas or suggestions you all might have.

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. For accessories, extra batteries, a neck strap for your controller, and a case or backpack to safely transport her. You can temporarily use the box she arrives in for transport. Because of your comment regarding wishing you had bought it with the "Hero3 option," I am hoping you understand what you bought. The Vision+ camera system isn't interchangeable. While there is a company working on a system that would allow you to swap out the Vision+ gimbal/camera system, it is just in development and isn't yet available and price is unknown.

I am going to be using my Galaxy Note 3 with it so I am pretty excited about that as well.

Thank you for all the info Yawnalot29, really appreciate all of your info, I have been living on YouTube watching all the videos. I am interetsed in getting a range extender too for when I get better at flying it.

Thank you Dirty Bird and I just learned that, someone told me I could but I am not too worried about it, just excited to start to use it, thank you for all your suggestions as well! Ill be ordering some "sides" soon :)

Dirty Bird said:
Jeffin916 said:

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. For accessories, extra batteries, a neck strap for your controller, and a case or backpack to safely transport her. You can temporarily use the box she arrives in for transport. Because of your comment regarding wishing you had bought it with the "Hero3 option," I am hoping you understand what you bought. The Vision+ camera system isn't interchangeable. While there is a company working on a system that would allow you to swap out the Vision+ gimbal/camera system, it is just in development and isn't yet available and price is unknown.

Jeffin916 said:
I am going to be using my Galaxy Note 3 with it so I am pretty excited about that as well.

Thank you for all the info Yawnalot29, really appreciate all of your info, I have been living on YouTube watching all the videos. I am interetsed in getting a range extender too for when I get better at flying it.

The P2V+ package with with the following:

The quad copter
2 sets of propeller (2 x 4)
gimbal
camera
remote control
WiFi range extender
1 batter
a battery charger
4 AA batteries for your remote control
Cell phone holder

So all in all, it is RTF out of box after charging up. You shouldn't have to buy a GoPro (and even if you do, it won't work with P2V+). Also it has a WiFi extender already, so you won't need to buy that.

The out of box SHOULD get you 2600 feet or so under normal condition (line of sight, minimal RF interference). I am able to get my copter to go 4900 without any mods or software booster.

If you are looking to go beyond that, there are a few things you can do, but I am sure that's for later.

Here's an unboxing video. You can see what's all in the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjQLpw4zSY

At 4:20, he's holding the camera that comes with P2V+

at 6:30, he's talking about the remote control and the WiFi extender.

The system broadcast at 2 different frequency for 2 different purpose.

Remote Control is at 5.8Ghz and is for controlling the quadcopter.

The WIfi extender is at 2.4 Ghz (exactly like your home wireless router, which is why your phone can connect to it), and is for video and telemetry data. The WiFi extender extends the 2.4 Ghz signal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers