just ordered P3A

Reaction score
The camera on my V plus wont connect so I figure the logical solution to the problem was just to buy a P3A. Anything I need to know as I make the jump?

I ordered one two days ago. Should be here today. Excited

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What will the difference be from the current series?
No one knows for sure... still shrouded in secrecy... Price point is guessed at $1700, it seems the gimbal might have been
redesigned, and collision avoidance MIGHT be in the new Phantom.

It's still all speculation, but it is inevitable.

Just pick up a p3A for $799 or the p3p for $999

The phantom 4 is coming out in 11 days
No, I don't think DJI is releasing a new Phantom to compete with the current lineup; I think they will be introducing:
  • Phantom X
  • Zenmuse XT
  • Osmo X5 Version/Osmo Pro
  • Possibly an upgraded (not new) model of the P3 around $1700 with aforementioned features (360* gimbal, retractable gear, etc.)
A new Phantom 4 would not make sense only a month after launching the Phantom 4K.

The camera on my V plus wont connect so I figure the logical solution to the problem was just to buy a P3A. Anything I need to know as I make the jump?
I recently picked up a P3A with extra battery and DJI hard back pack for $800.
Sounds like better deals soon.

I have the same questions. Ordered one up too.
I hear some wishing that they had not upgraded their firmware and want to roll back.
Is that not an issue now or is there a preferred fw version for your craft, controller and app?

I hear some wishing that they had not upgraded their firmware and want to roll back.
Is that not an issue now or is there a preferred fw version for your craft, controller and app?

I think the roll-back users are geo-fenced out of airspace they'd like to fly in. It's not a problem where I live–I'm happy with the latest firmware. I can't imagine you've got any Class A or B airspace out there unless Little Diomede has warmed up their silos. ; )

S

Is it OK to jump straight to the newest fw.
I have heard on a few posts here that you shouldn't, but install them in order as released.
Any truth to that?

Also, will a P3 fit into a case for a P2?
Are P2 and P3 props the same?

Thanks!!!

A new Phantom 4 would not make sense only a month after launching the Phantom 4K.

The Phantom 3 4K didn't make a lick o' sense either... BUT... Trying to beat the competition makes perfect sense, especially seeing that DJI
tries to meet/beat every market niche that seems to appear. Getting out there first will be important.
Yuneec will have a hexcopter with 2 levels of collision avoidance available starting at about $1800. (expected in March also...hmmmm)
Couple the collision avoidance with the redundancy of being able to fly/land with one prop/motor out makes
a very appealing package. Then add a 360* 3 axis gimbal w/4k camera! Range is Yuneec's only shortfall, but with VLOS rules, they'd be on top with the Typhoon H.

Isn't speculation fun??

Is it OK to jump straight to the newest fw.
I have heard on a few posts here that you shouldn't, but install them in order as released.
Any truth to that?

Also, will a P3 fit into a case for a P2?
Are P2 and P3 props the same?

Thanks!!!

P2 and P3 props are not the same... Phantom 2 props have a metal hub, the Phantom 3 is composite.
The latest firmware works fine, if your bird has earlier than 1.4 firmware, you should upgrade to 1.4
before going to 1.6. This is all explained on the DJI Website.

You can make anything fit with a big enough hammer!! Though I think the P2 and P3 bodies are the same shape, a little foam cutting is all you might need to do.

Not trying to hijack your thread, ccase39.
Trying to stay on topic
OK, another question.
What is this about camera focus?
I think I have heard that there is a problem with some P3"s?
Is there a common problem with the cameras?
I've heard to check your camera first...

I'm just trying to figure out if there is
ccase39 said:
Anything I need to know as I make the jump?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Just buy one and you will be fine. With any consumer product there will be the one off situation where there is an issue. My advanced shipped with a faulty transmitter .. DJI replaced it and now all is well . For $999 for the pro and $799 for the advanced you can't go wrong

Just buy one and you will be fine. With any consumer product there will be the one off situation where there is an issue. My advanced shipped with a faulty transmitter .. DJI replaced it and now all is well . For $999 for the pro and $799 for the advanced you can't go wrong

I bought one, should be here in a couple of days.
I'm asking, like the OP, what to look out for.
Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4