Just ordered my phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Newbie pilot, I just used my friends drone and fell in love. I would love to make it into a hobby, yet, I just ordered my phantom 3 standard. I'm now looking into it and supposedly the range on these things is god awful. If I live in a semi populated area, will I have decent connection? Please help a newbie out :p

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My advice would be to become familiar with the quad copter. Fly it in beginner mode until your confident. You won't have range issues on beginner mode. Next try to go to an area with minimal or no wifi interference, and do a distance test. Then do the same thing in your neighborhood or (populated area). From my experience and from reading these forums, you should see at least a half mile. Sometimes a lot more. Sometimes less depending on your level of wifi interference. I have found myself to be a distance junky. I purchased the dbs controller mod. And now my distance record is close to 17,000 feet. My friends phantom 4 won't even reach that range flying from the exact same spot.

Reactions: ben.gopo and siawai
I find you are not familiar with the legislation of these drones and you must only fly Line of sight

My advice would be to become familiar with the quad copter. Fly it in beginner mode until your confident. You won't have range issues on beginner mode. Next try to go to an area with minimal or no wifi interference, and do a distance test. Then do the same thing in your neighborhood or (populated area). From my experience and from reading these forums, you should see at least a half mile. Sometimes a lot more. Sometimes less depending on your level of wifi interference. I have found myself to be a distance junky. I purchased the dbs controller mod. And now my distance record is close to 17,000 feet. My friends phantom 4 won't even reach that range flying from the exact same spot.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how hard is it to install a mod like that?

its not to hard you can just use a windsurfer they are cheap

its not to hard you can just use a windsurfer they are cheap
Everyone says windsurfers work for the P3S but they shouldn't. Using a windsurfer only boosts the 5.8 ghz control frequency, not video link signal.
I ordered some antennas and cables and doubled my flight distance for under $40.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20