Just ordered my P3A

Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge and ordered my P3A today. I also ordered a nvidia shield k1 and am looking at running the litchi app. Any thoughts on this set up!

Thank all! I'm excited!

I should probably mentioned I'm using it for aerial video and photography. Not really anything beyond that.

Congrats on your purchase! I would highly suggest getting a little nano quad to practice on as crashing dji drones aren't cheap or easy to fix. The biggest thing is to make sure you watch videos and read the manuals over and over as these aren't toys. Happy flying!!!

I say screw getting a toy to learn on. The stability of the P3 is incomparable to cheap "trainers".
Read the manual, watch tons of videos (especially beginner type) and use the simulator.

Reactions: toddsworld
I say screw getting a toy to learn on. The stability of the P3 is incomparable to cheap "trainers".
Read the manual, watch tons of videos (especially beginner type) and use the simulator.
Yah screw the toy until you pay $600 to fix your phantom. From personal experience one of my neighbor who had a p3p and had never flew a drone before. Long story short the first day he was trying to fly he crashed it a couple times. But those couple times he did broke the gps and gimble.

It's not really that hard if you read the manual and know what to do. Combine that with watching videos and your can SEE the behavior of the P3. Fly in the simulator to go through the motions and get used to maneuvering around, fly towards yourself to get used to inverted controls, etc etc. Go to the biggest open field you can find and when you feel like you are losing control or getting disoriented, LET GO OF THE STICKS!!! Also when landing, once you are above your landing zone, slowly pull the left stick down and hold it down until the motors shut off. Don't do a CSC!!

Btw paying $600 to fix a phantom would probably be the dumbest thing to do when you could sell your used once remote for $200 and buy a new P3A for $500 out of pocket AND have an extra battery and charger[emoji12]

Reactions: Sean Poole
It's not really that hard if you read the manual and know what to do. Combine that with watching videos and your can SEE the behavior of the P3. Fly in the simulator to go through the motions and get used to maneuvering around, fly towards yourself to get used to inverted controls, etc etc. Go to the biggest open field you can find and when you feel like you are losing control or getting disoriented, LET GO OF THE STICKS!!! Also when landing, once you are above your landing zone, slowly pull the left stick down and hold it down until the motors shut off. Don't do a CSC!!
I do have to agree these are a lot easier to fly than trainers, but if you don't know how to fly without the gps then do you really know how to fly?

You can learn to fly without gps after you have mastered the basics and are proficient.

My syma X5C from Amazon is tons of fun for $45....it is nice to fly something that I am not deathly afraid of crashing...

Reactions: Al3xzzzz
No denying that you can learn to fly without the gps with experience. But learning how to fly LOS is a lot harder without a fpv unit and makes you pick up certain tricks like recognizing the lights, how to hover, and turning while using yaw and pitch. I also think the little quads can be fun indoors when your battery's are charging.

am looking at running the litchi app
The Litchi app is nice (especially for waypoints), but it's not a total replacement for the DJI GO app. You cannot do all of the calibrations in Litchi (for example). It would be a good idea to learn how to use the DJI GO app before using a 3rd party app.

The Litchi app is nice (especially for waypoints), but it's not a total replacement for the DJI GO app. You cannot do all of the calibrations in Litchi (for example). It would be a good idea to learn how to use the DJI GO app before using a 3rd party app.

Yeah, I wasn't looking at running Litchi exclusively or anything. I am a pretty conservative person when it comes to thing of this nature. I have done aerial photography from full size heli's, so I have a healthy respect for safety.

Get the Syma x5c. It will teach you a lot. You have no gps, no fpv, no nothing. Teaches to fly by the seat of your pants. Really worth learning on something like that. And as mentioned, a cheap price to pay if you crash it. Get 30-50 flights on the x5c and then you can move up to the P3P. Don't learn at the expense of your shiny new P3P.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj