Just ordered a P3S.. Right decision?

Reaction score
I've been flying an FC40 with a GoPro Hero 3+ mounted on a Tarot gimbal for some time now.. Wanted to upgrade and the P3S seemed like a good bang for your buck purchase. Ordered it new open box on eBay for $450 shipped. What's the general consensus around here on the the Standard?

I don't have any experience with the standard however I guess it is also a decision based on what you have available spend. I own the P3Pro and love it, it costs a little more though.

The one thing I can say is, why didn't you ask this question before you bought it?

Jas

Be careful when updating to the latest P3S firmware. A lot of people complained about the reduced range, but some expert manage to fly it up to 40000feet with mods, amps and extra battery bird side.

I've done my research, Jas.. Just never asked around here. Looking at vids on Youtube from decent pilots, it looks to be capable of nice cinematic footage, especially when one knows how to edit.

jeganx, super far range is not what I look for in a multi rotor. I may upgrade mine for the capability, but will hardly ever use it.

I've done my research, Jas.. Just never asked around here. Looking at vids on Youtube from decent pilots, it looks to be capable of nice cinematic footage, especially when one knows how to edit.

jeganx, super far range is not what I look for in a multi rotor. I may upgrade mine for the capability, but will hardly ever use it.
I have no intention to beat that but it shows the potential of what the Standard can do. If I can get my 5.8Ghz tx up to 3km and solid, I would be pretty much satisfied. I also seek justification for every $ I spent for P3, and 4K is the sweet spot for me. I have never knew the video latency difference between lightbridge and standard 2.4Ghz, but if you are not into fpv racing, you really don't need that much latency. Since its also my first drone, I think I would be very sad to crash a pro/adv, instead of a standard/4K.

Hi jp, I have both a P3S and a P4 and obviously they are chalk and cheese to some degree. The biggest challenge that I have had has been ensuring that there is absolutely no wifi or structural interference when calibrating, warming up or flying the drone. My P4 seems to manage with some interference but not the P3S. As for the latest upgrade 1.6.8, had a couple of issues but if you calibrate as per the book or in line with some of the experienced chaps on this site, you should be fine.

I don't have any experience with the standard however I guess it is also a decision based on what you have available spend. I own the P3Pro and love it, it costs a little more though.

The one thing I can say is, why didn't you ask this question before you bought it?

Jas
I have 2 P3Ps
Couldn't be happier

I've had a P3S since February. I couldn't be happier. Great machine. Get the Litchi App for awesome pre-programmed flights. I have had no major problems with firmware updates. Some, I have had to install twice. Have fun.

Reactions: cfd701
I'm very satisfied with mine.
No issues, worked first time, every time.
I use it with the DJI GO app, the Litchi app, and Ultimate Flight app.
ENJOY !

I've been flying an FC40 with a GoPro Hero 3+ mounted on a Tarot gimbal for some time now.. Wanted to upgrade and the P3S seemed like a good bang for your buck purchase. Ordered it new open box on eBay for $450 shipped. What's the general consensus around here on the the Standard?

Don't update to 1.6.8 when you receive P3s. In 1.6.8 i fly 400m in open area and the RTH occur. After i downgrade to 1.5.7+ and fly 1.2km with stock antenna.

really like my standard fly it at night most of time

I have a P3S and am quite happy with it. In a WIFI-infected (yes, I said "infected") area, I wasn't happy with the range so I added a DBS Mod. Never had any range issues after updates, no cracks, no crashes. Sent it on several long range Litchi missions with no probs. Unless the Phantom 5 has a built-in bar and dancing girls, I have no reason to get anything better. I have no use for 4K. I have no use for obstacle avoidance (I just watch where I'm going). With that being said, if the P4 price drops to $599 when the P5 comes out, I might get one as a spare.

I have a P3S and am quite happy with it. In a WIFI-infected (yes, I said "infected") area, I wasn't happy with the range so I added a DBS Mod. Never had any range issues after updates, no cracks, no crashes. Sent it on several long range Litchi missions with no probs. Unless the Phantom 5 has a built-in bar and dancing girls, I have no reason to get anything better. I have no use for 4K. I have no use for obstacle avoidance (I just watch where I'm going). With that being said, if the P4 price drops to $599 when the P5 comes out, I might get one as a spare.
My exact thoughts. From the price of the P3S to the use of Litchi App. I too am happy with the Standard. Will only upgrade if Price drops to around $500. That's around the cap of my hobby budget.

Reactions: lmayes69
"bar n dancing girls" lol we'll keep r fingers crossed

Reactions: flpholt
I like it su much that I have two P3S

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik