JUST MORE BAD PRESS

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I don't condone this type of behavior... I will even say that I agreed with these people if they want to take the drone down. This is why our freedom to fly drone legally is getting jeopardize because idiots decided to spying on women or neighbors and broken the laws.

Just perpetuating the very appealing myth that drones can be used for spying.
The press love to be able to spread this nonsense.
Try for yourself at home and see what you can see inside your own house.
A phantom is probably the worst possible spy gadget and anyone trying to use one like that would quickly be very disappointed and give up.

Fixating on the word 'spying' is to ignore the underlying sentiments.

The term is used incorrectly, if not loosely, to describe observation from a place not, until now, commonly attainable.

It's a pointless semantically based arguement much like opposing the term 'drone' to describe these toys.

With my experience at home, if I fly my Phantom 4 close to the window... All I see is window. I'm hesitant to believe some of these stories of peeping. Maybe someone did a fly by a little too close and she stayed trippin.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
With my experience at home, if I fly my Phantom 4 close to the window... All I see is window. I'm hesitant to believe some of these stories of peeping. Maybe someone did a fly by a little too close and she stayed trippin.

They reported it was at night. I suspect if the lights were on that you'd be able to see inside. I agree, it's not a good way of spying, much easier to simply look inside of someone's home. A person in my area was cause using a drone to peer into windows. He had mental issues.

The bad part is she's not even HOT lol. All jokes aside, this is making it worst for us hobbyists.

She was wishing. Had a neighbor like that one time and she filed complaints on everybody for peeping, spying and whatever. She thought she was hot but nobody in neighborhood cared. She was not a pleasing sight.

The bad part is she's not even HOT lol. All jokes aside, this is making it worst for us hobbyists.
.......................................................................................

Exactly. All the more reason to do what we had to incur in "real" general aviation. Submit to SOME restrictions. You cant use a general aviation aircraft unless you submit to all kinds of regulations, licensing, training, etc. You have to stay away from people on the surface. By agreeing to SOME reasonable regulation, we got to save it.

We are at a similar crossroads with our drones. Some drone operators either have had no exposure to reasonable regulation nor respect for common courtesy, or think it need not apply to them. We have people in here who think they are the center of the universe; it is more important to them to be able to recover easily their drone from a tree they shouldn't have flown into initially, then have blade guards.

I see as much ignorant hatred on the part of the general public to us drone operators, as I have seen down thru the years against "real" general aviation.

Yes - the thought of us using our drones for "spying" ..most certainly IS driving some folks nuts with anger.

At the risk of sounding "politically incorrect" , drone operators should be aware of the different psychiatric make-up between most normal males and most normal females.

Most of us males couldn't give a flying **** whether someone peeks at us - if anything, the idea that some female is getting a "turn on" by spying on us dosnt sound all that bad!

Deal with it..guys...for most females, it is a horror beyond horrors for others to see their bodies.

Their thought of us using our drones to spy on em drives em bananas. DONT DO IT!

Don't even put yourself into the position where some female might THINK you are trying to spy on her. We are facing enough trouble from the general public without "weaponizing" various female groups.

Two things, "the drone flew away every time I tried to take a picture of it" and "if I see it, I'm gonna take it down". She also said they have to keep a watch out for it as if it were a constant problem. OK but the neighbor alluded to the fact that he had never seen it. You gotta keep a watch for something that the neighbor has never seen? Why couldn't she take a picture? I call BS! It never happened.

.......................................................................................

Exactly. All the more reason to do what we had to incur in "real" general aviation. Submit to SOME restrictions. You cant use a general aviation aircraft unless you submit to all kinds of regulations, licensing, training, etc. You have to stay away from people on the surface. By agreeing to SOME reasonable regulation, we got to save it.

We are at a similar crossroads with our drones. Some drone operators either have had no exposure to reasonable regulation nor respect for common courtesy, or think it need not apply to them. We have people in here who think they are the center of the universe; it is more important to them to be able to recover easily their drone from a tree they shouldn't have flown into initially, then have blade guards.

I see as much ignorant hatred on the part of the general public to us drone operators, as I have seen down thru the years against "real" general aviation.

Yes - the thought of us using our drones for "spying" ..most certainly IS driving some folks nuts with anger.

At the risk of sounding "politically incorrect" , drone operators should be aware of the different psychiatric make-up between most normal males and most normal females.

Most of us males couldn't give a flying **** whether someone peeks at us - if anything, the idea that some female is getting a "turn on" by spying on us dosnt sound all that bad!

Deal with it..guys...for most females, it is a horror beyond horrors for others to see their bodies.

Their thought of us using our drones to spy on em drives em bananas. DONT DO IT!

Don't even put yourself into the position where some female might THINK you are trying to spy on her. We are facing enough trouble from the general public without "weaponizing" various female groups.

Do you live in the real world?

1) The pilot likely broke state laws already, so any regulation/restriction you would come up with to stop this would just be making it more illegal.
2) Prop guards wouldn't have stopped this, and just because someone doesn't use them doesn't make them self centered. Get passed it, no one believes they will save lives. Go put them on your real airplane.
3) Not every woman feels it is horrors of horrors. Nor does every man get off on being watched.

Reactions: lmmavrick
Do you live in the real world?...
----------
I happen to agree with what you posted. Simple fact is, we are getting more and more "bad press" every day. Caused by people either do not know about common sense and/or common courtesy, or feel since they are the center of the universe, they do not want to be bothered with them.

And I agree "YOU CANT FI\X STUPID". ( I would add " YOU CANT FIX SELF-CENTERED PEOPLE").

I gather from the tone of your post, you don't want to be bothered with blade guards. Interesting news article the other day - involving from as best as I can tell from the photograph, Phantom 3 just like mine. Well..not exactly just like mine - mine has blade-guards. This one didn't .

Somehow got away from the drone operator, went over to a public place, and sliced up a woman's face. Press is having a ball with that. I see in Australia the general public is pressuring their legislature to halt sales of them.

I have had advanced courses in psychology - so I see the problem. Caring about whether we are going to destroy our hobby thru bad publicity is not something to be concerned with. That is, if you know you are right, you want things your way, and everyone else must be nuts. Nothing new there. We had a poster in here tell us it is more important to him to make it easier to get his drone out of a tree, than to have those annoying blade guards.

Keep it up folks - at the rate we are going, some of you are going to make sure we are going to get clobbered.

Reactions: skeptic49
----------
I happen to agree with what you posted. Simple fact is, we are getting more and more "bad press" every day. Caused by people either do not know about common sense and/or common courtesy, or feel since they are the center of the universe, they do not want to be bothered with them.

And I agree "YOU CANT FI\X STUPID". ( I would add " YOU CANT FIX SELF-CENTERED PEOPLE").

I gather from the tone of your post, you don't want to be bothered with blade guards. Interesting news article the other day - involving from as best as I can tell from the photograph, Phantom 3 just like mine. Well..not exactly just like mine - mine has blade-guards. This one didn't .

Somehow got away from the drone operator, went over to a public place, and sliced up a woman's face. Press is having a ball with that. I see in Australia the general public is pressuring their legislature to halt sales of them.

I have had advanced courses in psychology - so I see the problem. Caring about whether we are going to destroy our hobby thru bad publicity is not something to be concerned with. That is, if you know you are right, you want things your way, and everyone else must be nuts. Nothing new there. We had a poster in here tell us it is more important to him to make it easier to get his drone out of a tree, than to have those annoying blade guards.

Keep it up folks - at the rate we are going, some of you are going to make sure we are going to get clobbered.
I said that prop guards are like hooks and they make it much harder to get quads out of trees. According to your argument prop guards are safer. Well what about when prop guards at keeping it in a tree until the wind blows and it falls on somebody's head? Don't twist my words. NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU! People here have decades of uas experience and they don't agree with your 2 weeks of experience. Maybe you should just trust the people that know.

----------

I hear and saw the video from MythBusters and they said that no way in hell can a drones props the standard props or even the carbon fiber props cut someone's face the blades deflected new form can't happen busted

The myth was in regards to fatality.

They will cut or maim others. Not something I could afford (legal, medical costs) or want to have on my conscience.

The final test did result in deep trauma which could be fatal in the worst circumstances.

I hear and saw the video from MythBusters and they said that no way in hell can a drones props the standard props or even the carbon fiber props cut someone's face the blades deflected new form can't happen busted
If Mythbusters said that, they were wrong.
You'll find plenty of photographic evidence to show what drone props can do.
Mostly to the operators when they aren't careful and very, very rarely to others.

Not true at all and I have the scars to prove it. Yup, I sliced my forearm up good while hand catching my P3A last summer. (After grabbing the landing gear, I tripped before I could shut it down...Doh! Standard props, turning at hover speed)

Wrong! Nine-inch props standard (plastic or nylon, NOT carbon) on a 1240 kV motor spinning at slow descent speed DO a fine job of slicing flesh, thank you very much! As a matter of fact, they even slice forearm skin that is covered by the long sleeves of a light-weight dress shirt. AND, they go DEEP into said skin!

Been there. Done that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik