Just installed T motors

Reaction score
I just installed new Tiger motors. Does anyone have any experians witg these motors? Are the betther than the stock motors?

Heres a picture of the t motor i just installed

Attachments

• 1438164964007.jpg
    1438164964007.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 308
Several users have upgraded to the 2214 motors and have reported that they like them and their responsiveness. A little more power and lift. They do report on a high pitched whine when over50% throttle. I'm not sure if they had to change the ESC's or not. Better check that out to be sure the version you have is compatible. Good luck let us know how they work out.

Installed them already and had one flight with it. It was windy outside but i had to try it. Feels responsive and little more power. What do you mean with the 50% trottle... and no probs with ESC.

They indicated at 50% or more they heard a high pitched whine. That was all.

Reactions: Steven2610
I flew it today in good wind condition with the new motors. I understand what you mean with the high pitch :) the new motors fly good. I one the phantom just a week now... so i dont know much about really flying. But when i go "high" (100 meter) up gos very fast but when i need to come down i have to go very slow and the p1 starts to wobble. Is this normal? Cuz i want to go higher but im afraid he wont come down. Im using the standard p1 props

The wobble when you come down straight and fast is normal. Your P1 is running into the turbulence caused by its own propellers. Just come down slower and at an angle and you'll see a lot less wobble. There'll always be some wobble but a lot depends on conditions and how you fly.

Steven remember also if your in the U.S. You shouldn't fly higher than 400 ft. So you don't get into the airspace of small aircraft. Also be mindful of what's under you in case of a failure. Safety first as you are the pilot and are responsible for your craft and any damage or injuries it causes. Just for refresher info.

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the information. Im from Belgium (europe) we can fly 120 meters! But i always check what im doing :)

Hey Steven,
Use the Google search link in my signature to find info on "VRS". You will learn what the wobble is. It can cause you to crash if you are not careful.

Lucky you, new motors... :D.

Reactions: dirkclod
The new 4.06 firmware and 9450 propeller combo seems to have reduced wobble considerably. I was up 300ft agl today and did some fast vertical descents and wobble was minimal. I can, from experience, vouch that with the T-motor anti-gravity motors, prop guards and the T-motor 9-inch carbon props, with 4.02 firmware, descent wobble is pretty severe. As soon as I get home next week the prop guards are coming off :D

I have firmware 4.06 i just updated few days ago. I just orderd p2 stock props for my p1. Maybe that wil help. I want to try to fly in manual mode make a flip or so :) even i dont know how to do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20