Just installed new DBS Itelite Antenna

Reaction score
I just installed the ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02 with clean install from Uavmaxx.com on my phantom 3 advanced controller and all I can say is Wow! The install was super easy thanks to the video on UAV Maxx website. I travel around the world to all kinds of places, cities, mountains, etc. and before is always get live feed drops, and weak controller signals. Now I almost never do. Yesterday I flew a mile away over a forested area in Northern California and had perfect signal. Everyone should install one of these. I'm still working up the nerve to test out the max distance. Seriously go order one!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

a17cf930660a38110b38e7b6f3df4c5e.jpg
0745cfa1707bbb2198df959d0002f07b.jpg

Reactions: 2-yota
Awesome, did mine last Sunday, still haven't had a chance to fly yet. How well does the DJI glare-shield work?

Dbs mod did work!

Get out there and fly it :) the glare shield works okay. It's better than nothing but not perfect.

Get out there and fly it :) the glare shield works okay. It's better than nothing but not perfect.

Really pleased, sounds great. Dumb question; does the antenna detach? If not it could be a nuisance trying to fit it in a hard shell backpack.

Thank you :) looks like the coast is clearing for the weekend - :D Inland has been Minimum VFR at best (Haze City) for the last week. I'm dying here... LOL!

Really pleased, sounds great. Dumb question; does the antenna detach? If not it could be a nuisance trying to fit it in a hard shell backpack.

Let me jump in here... I did a similar Mod on my P3S. I use the El Cheapo Best Buy case (works very well) and I still had to buy another case for the RC due to the Mod(s). I also added the Insipre 1 Device Holder.

So... I figured I'm going to need a Backup Controller and Crew Radios, so I went to Harbor Freight and bought a $29 (USD) case that holds both controllers, crew radios, and extra propellers. I use the available RC slot in my Phantom Case for tools, ND Filters etc. :rolleyes:

Reactions: liketogethigh
You said you got over a mile in range. Do you mean a mile and had video feed or had controller signal. I'm confused if this is supposed to increase the wifi video feed or the controller signal. I thought the P3A/P had like a 3 mile range stock.

erlik 3 miles is in perfect conditions. In the real world you have all kinds of interference, buildings, wifi, trees and never get 3 miles. With the mod it helps increase everything: Yes, it also increases the video feed range.

You're hooked now! I did the same, then went with the Maxx Large panel, now I just added the boosters. Going out now for my first non-test run. Testing went great though. The signal punches through trees and houses like I needed and wanted. Battery mod next I guess :)
I love this hobby!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2016-06-30_D7K_7780_maxx uav.JPG
Happy you're enjoying your antenna. Mine just came in the mail the other day ... I got the booster kit as well ... overkill fun!

I'm sold, and will buy one. I could swear the range on my P3P is not quite as good as when I got it, and the P4 has never matched the P3P's range. I'm sure I've seen changes with different firmware updates, and a DJI GO App change recently dropped people's range. Some absurdly low. But that was a real bug. BTW I've learned to have zero fear of signal loss. I've had it literally happen dozens of times, and both P3P and P4 have ALWAYS (so far, knock wood) initiated return to home. Yes, standing there with no contact is nerve wracking, but you'll usually get a signal back within 30 seconds tops, because you were marginal when you lost it, so just a little change will normally restore it. Have faith -- it WILL work, and I'll bet $1,000 it will work and not sweat it. It's been incredibly reliable, so it's earned that confidence.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Note my P3P went so far when I got it a year or so ago, that I rarely lost my signal. Critical Difference: I lived on the beach, and flew down the beach, and over the ocean. Perfect environment. But I'd have the condo in the way and STILL get good range. Inland, LOS, I'll get a mile, maybe a mile and a half if I'm lucky. I'm chalking it up to interference, until I get back to the beach and see if 10,000' is still routine. Within a couple thousand feet, it will still punch amazingly well through nearby houses, and go low. I had mine hovering right outside a friend's door several blocks away. Incredible.

Note my P3P went so far when I got it a year or so ago, that I rarely lost my signal. Critical Difference: I lived on the beach, and flew down the beach, and over the ocean. Perfect environment. But I'd have the condo in the way and STILL get good range. Inland, LOS, I'll get a mile, maybe a mile and a half if I'm lucky. I'm chalking it up to interference, until I get back to the beach and see if 10,000' is still routine. Within a couple thousand feet, it will still punch amazingly well through nearby houses, and go low. I had mine hovering right outside a friend's door several blocks away. Incredible.

That's awesome. It is strange the amount of things that can interfere with it. I've noticed consistently when I fly near a certain area I loose image. And I know I don't have a P3P but it's kinda wacky. And the weird thing is where I fly at most times is near a hotel. And I almost always loose the signal there. And like you stated its always came back to home so far lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: Is the bigger Maxx Range panel easily handled on the remote. I know not as easy as the stock antennas, but how cumbersome is it?

Depends on what remote, and how good a job you do mounting it. It's obviously heavier and obviously bigger and therefore more awkward. You're gonna want a lanyard at the very least.

Question: Is the bigger Maxx Range panel easily handled on the remote. I know not as easy as the stock antennas, but how cumbersome is it?

It's funny how quickly you get used to it. It's actually not that heavy. When I put the small DBS on is when it feels strange to me now, not when I have the Maxx on.
I don't find it cumbersome at all.
Just my opinion though :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik