Just in case.. what would be best to do

Reaction score
I started with the PV2+ and quickly wanted the P3P.

Love the technology that goes into these little machines. Although we hear on this site many of the problems and issues I'm just now getting more and more confident and flying pretty comfortable around most areas.

Brings me to my issue. When I fly over the ocean here in North County San Diego I will see airplanes, helicopters and even military helicopters flying out over the ocean a very low altitutdes. Maybe to sightsee, maybe to get a close view of the water but for whatver reason they are low.

So my question to the pilots out there that fly planes or even helicopters would be. Can you even see my drone if you are flying? What would the best thing for me to do if I see you headed in my direction? I keep thinking just stay still and hopefully you will see me and avoid running into each other. Who has the right of way?

Never have I been even close but with 75 degree weather and clear the potential is there.

Thanks for any input!

I started with the PV2+ and quickly wanted the P3P.

Love the technology that goes into these little machines. Although we hear on this site many of the problems and issues I'm just now getting more and more confident and flying pretty comfortable around most areas.

Brings me to my issue. When I fly over the ocean here in North County San Diego I will see airplanes, helicopters and even military helicopters flying out over the ocean a very low altitutdes. Maybe to sightsee, maybe to get a close view of the water but for whatver reason they are low.

So my question to the pilots out there that fly planes or even helicopters would be. Can you even see my drone if you are flying? What would the best thing for me to do if I see you headed in my direction? I keep thinking just stay still and hopefully you will see me and avoid running into each other. Who has the right of way?

Never have I been even close but with 75 degree weather and clear the potential is there.

Thanks for any input!

Manned aircraft obviously have the right of way, considering there's a human being in there. if there is ever the potential for a collision and cannot descend or climb, steer to the right of the oncoming craft.

Kinda like on traffic on a road... well I shouldn't have said right of way...

out over the ocean it might be pretty difficult to tell which way would be to the right.

also, my moving I would guess if I were a pilot I would assend to avoid some random drone.

Whenever I hear one I try to bring my P3 down because when a plane or helicopter is flying that low, they aren't looking in front of them for UAVs. I think that the chances of them seeing my UAV are slim because the pilots are watching the whales, the reafs, etc and are just glancing ahead at times and not watching out for UAVs.

Yet, there are sure enough professional pilots over these last couple of short years, that mentions a drone in their airspace... 'Go' figure.

Perhaps some of these eye witness accounts were fabricated? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Check b4UFly app, is this restricted area?

Even if it is not restricted and you notice helicopters flying around, suggest not to fly your P3. Assume your family is in the helicopter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20