Just how many more cameras?

Reaction score
I'm currently on my third phantom camera. First one was badly blurry on the left, returned to Amazon. Replacement was ordered from All-eRC, which was blurred on the right that time. ERC was helpful and replaced the camera with another, which, you guessed it, blurry on the left again. Now, this is by far the best one so far, the blur is only the last 10-15% of the frame, as opposed to 33% on the others! but STILL, can't they make a camera that's in spec?

I REALLY want a fully focused camera, but honestly, I'm getting tired of the two weeks of being grounded while waiting for the exchange, only to be unsure of what I'm getting next.

I saw one post of someone who got a nice camera in an exchange, so I suspect there is hope, but which my luck the next one will be worse. Sorry, as this is a bit of a rant, but I'm just not sure what to do with this...

You can not correct a "one sided focus" issue by refocusing the lens.

If you image is soft on one side or the other, the lens must be replaced. Since DJI probably won't sell just the lens you're looking at replacing the whole camera unit. :- (

FSJ Guy said:
You can not correct a "one sided focus" issue by refocusing the lens.

If you image is soft on one side or the other, the lens must be replaced. Since DJI probably won't sell just the lens you're looking at replacing the whole camera unit. :- (

You think it's the lens? I thought it was an alignment issue? If it's just the lens, then I could consider sending it to Ragecams for their non-fisheye lens conversion... Albeit it's real expensive, but at this point, I'm almost at the point that spending that will save me the extended periods of anger and frustration!

I think your crazy to spend that much money for the rage cam lens. Didn't someone on her have major problems with ragecams ? The screwed up his camera then did nothing to fix it.
What's it like 400.00 ?

Sent back my 3rd P2V and awaiting the 4th - all because of camera issue. I am like you optimistic I'll get a better one. But if 4th time not a charm may give up and get P2 and buy go pro

Mori55 said:
I think your crazy to spend that much money for the rage cam lens. Didn't someone on her have major problems with ragecams ? The screwed up his camera then did nothing to fix it.
What's it like 400.00 ?

“RageCams and I have reached a mutual agreement. I am happy, they are happy. End of story. I did get the 2nd Camera modification to work and I will post pictures next week.”
Allan

DJI tech said it's a sensor misalignment issue and to send it back. You can't fix it with the refocus trick. I went through two to get a decent one myself.

AllanVB said:
Mori55 said:
What's it like 400.00 ?

Dennis, the owner or Ragecams or Quality Video installed a lens on my vision over a month ago. It didn't work. I sent it back and he said he would fix. Now, he is send it back because he lost his tech and couldn't fix. I am out $500 for a new camera.
I will not do business with that company again. They do not stand behind their work.

Woah, back up. Are you saying Ragecams broke your Vision camera whilst attempting to install their lens and they will not refund you for the value of a new camera unit?! I'm sure I remember reading on his site/ebay page that they were "fully insured" because, fundamentally, they are voiding manufacturer warranties by opening up GoPros/Vision cameras never mind doing "surgery" on them.

Do you have something similar to our Small Claims court procedure here in the UK - a low-cost way of dealing with (relatively speaking) lower value claims for breaches of contract/defective goods or services? Unless they made you sign a waiver saying "if we bust it, tough - it's your fault" then that's appalling!

Sorry, that made me angry on your behalf... :x

I feel your pain. My original camera as soft on one side, the first replacement from All e RC was softer on the other, and the second replacement is decent but not perfect. I looked into the RageCams replacement deal and had a nice email exchange with Dennis, but in the end, decided their price is too high. So I live with it as is. After that I heard of their problems mentioned here - they are not an option.

It will never be high quality for photo or video but it is just good enough. I just can't get over losing shutter control if I switch to a GoPro so am sticking with the P2V. Keep returning until you get one you can live with.

nhoover said:
I feel your pain. My original camera as soft on one side, the first replacement from All e RC was softer on the other, and the second replacement is decent but not perfect. I looked into the RageCams replacement deal and had a nice email exchange with Dennis, but in the end, decided their price is too high. So I live with it as is. After that I heard of their problems mentioned here - they are not an option.

It will never be high quality for photo or video but it is just good enough. I just can't get over losing shutter control if I switch to a GoPro so am sticking with the P2V. Keep returning until you get one you can live with.

Yeah, DJI finally sent me a RMA and the camera and range extender is on the way to them. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Regarding the post on ragecams bricking your camera - tell them that you intend to file in small claims court and see how they respond. I believe if they don't show up, you win by default. So unless they are in your town, traveling to court is probably not worth the $500 to them to replace it...

Pull_Up said:
AllanVB said:
Mori55 said:
What's it like 400.00 ?

Dennis, the owner or Ragecams or Quality Video installed a lens on my vision over a month ago. It didn't work. I sent it back and he said he would fix. Now, he is send it back because he lost his tech and couldn't fix. I am out $500 for a new camera.
I will not do business with that company again. They do not stand behind their work.

Woah, back up. Are you saying Ragecams broke your Vision camera whilst attempting to install their lens and they will not refund you for the value of a new camera unit?! I'm sure I remember reading on his site/ebay page that they were "fully insured" because, fundamentally, they are voiding manufacturer warranties by opening up GoPros/Vision cameras never mind doing "surgery" on them.

Do you have something similar to our Small Claims court procedure here in the UK - a low-cost way of dealing with (relatively speaking) lower value claims for breaches of contract/defective goods or services? Unless they made you sign a waiver saying "if we bust it, tough - it's your fault" then that's appalling!

Sorry, that made me angry on your behalf... :x

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

Well, not knowing either party, I'm not taking sides. There are always two sides to every story. When it degrades to this, I'm sorry I started the thread.

mchad said:
Well, not knowing either party, I'm not taking sides. There are always two sides to every story. When it degrades to this, I'm sorry I started the thread.

+1 and I respect RageCams for posting their side of the story here.

nhoover said:
mchad said:

+1 and I respect RageCams for posting their side of the story here.

Although any commercial organisation that accuses a customer publicly of being a "scammer" doesn't deserve any respect, even if (as it never is) the story isn't black and white. It's business 101 - you can't deal with dissatisfied customers like that no matter what the background. Nice to know if I ever used this company and had a grievance that I aired on a forum I'd potentially be opened to being libelled by them. :roll:
If you're in business you need both a thicker skin and to realise when fanning the flames makes things a metric poop-tonne worse.

Anyway, sorry for continuing the off-topic mchad.

I agree, Pull_Up.

But I'm sure his posting here will definitely increase his business, now!! LOL!

We thank Allan for his business & cooperation. We have reached a mutual agreement & understanding with all of his questions and concerns.

Visit our store website! www.ragecams.com
"LIKE" us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/ragecams
Follow us on Twitter! twitter.com/RageCams
Check out our YouTube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSq4orAaqDAp6WIMIoocZwQ

We can install the lens on your Vision2 & customize it for interchangeable lenses and filters.
If you're interested, inquire with us at [email protected]!

"You may ask, 'Why not just use the GoPro de-fish software instead of changing the lens?'
--The correction tools in GoPro Studio 2.0, removing the fisheye will twist the edge of the video & make it even worse. Every time you yaw your helicopter, it will make a very hard & narrow point of movement making the edge strange. That is the reason most customers replace the original with the 5.4 mm flat lens from RageCams."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik