Just had third death wobble and no stick control

Reaction score
Started having death wobbles and p3s falls, No forward or reverse stick makes any difference. All checks out good b4 flight every time. Luckily bird still flies but now im getting nervous about getting to far away. Seems to always happen on return flights. Im open to suggestions.thx

Please tell us more about this. What exactly is happening?
Yes, more clarification, please. What is a "death wobble" and how often do you experience "P3S falls"? Is your AC damaged when it falls? Does it just drop to the ground?

After about 30 flights one day on rth p3 started to wobble at 80 ft and went down. It did not fall real fast but there was no.stopping it. Motors are still running and it wobbles all the way down. Seen on youtube about vortex ring state. Also you could use forward or reverse to move out of the turbulance. However this did not work yesterday. I am always in p gps mode. All preflights are good and calibrate compass every flight.

A. Don't calibrate the compass every flight unless you've traveled a LONG distance away (in my case, several hundred miles).

B. Sounds to me like you have RTH final action set to "land". Mine always wobbles if it's landing automatically. In other words, this is pretty normal when autolanding. I have mine set to hover after it RTHs, then I land manually at a slower descent rate. It IS scary when it wobbles but slowing the descent rate (when landing manually) dramatically decreases or eliminates the wobble, as does flying slightly laterally when descending.

just upgraded to a p3p from the p3s .Im having the fpv disconnecting instantly without warning then have to push the rth button. Second time it happened after about 10 mins into a flight. Does anybody have any fix suggestions and or what the best thing to do when it happens are?thx

just upgraded to a p3p from the p3s .Im having the fpv disconnecting instantly without warning then have to push the rth button. Second time it happened after about 10 mins into a flight. Does anybody have any fix suggestions and or what the best thing to do when it happens are?thx
More likely to get help with that in the adv/pro section. The standard and pro use very different systems.

Reactions: sniperkillz
I just had to death wobble twice in a row on two different flights and just before the death wobble the Drone was moving slowly and all directions especially up about a week ago I had a message on the screen that says calibrate the controller but I didn't bother calibrating it. What the heck is going on

I just had to death wobble twice in a row on two different flights and just before the death wobble the Drone was moving slowly and all directions especially up about a week ago I had a message on the screen that says calibrate the controller but I didn't bother calibrating it. What the heck is going on
Sounds like it need calibrating this helps the bird and trim its sensors and compass,culd even try a stick calibration

Good point I appreciate the idea. I'm concerned a couple more crashes is going to destroy this thing. What would you do in my situation

There a lot of guess work with these things ,process of ilimination,if not calibrated it can cause bit of a wild ride
Good point I appreciate the idea. I'm concerned a couple more crashes is going to destroy this thing. What would you do in my situation
Check props ok mayby outa balance,would do my compass,imu,stick calibration to make sure input movements at 100%,,that what i would start with,just doing basics can help heaps,nothing worse than thinking about things while flying ,over her if i dont do compass when bit drifty i get a mean toilet bowl affect that almost spits drone out the sky,hope this help a bit

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj