Just had a scare...mode switched to p-atti - Link to LOG enclosed

Reaction score
So I was just out for a quick flight off my back deck and once I got up in the air the mode switched to p-atti. I was able to bring it back and land it on my deck successfully, but it was pretty erratic, I have no idea why it switched modes automatically, regardless I uploaded the flight log:

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MTczMA

Something else that has been bothering me a little is my signal strength for the controller is pretty much "poor" all the time as per the Signal Strength Map above...any hints/suggestions?

Thanks!

The two common causes of switching to atti are:
Loss of GPS satellite cover - did your bird have a full view of the sky or were you flying close beside a building, in a narrow canyon, under tree cover etc?
Conflict between compass and GPS data - had you just calibrated the compass close to some steel?
The P3 should hold satellites well with a good view of the sky.
Atti isn't something to fear.
Go to a nice clear area withno obstacles and switch to atti manually to learn how it handles.

The same thing happened to my P3s today, was 150m out (alt about 15m) was in GPS mode and all of a sudden it
switched to atti mode, bird started to drift so hit RTH and it flew home. There was no obstructions, flying on a deserted beach.
Strange???

It's not strange. If your satellite count is low. It will happen. Satellites keeps it stable. But you should be familiar enough to handle it even with no satelites. I practiced that. I found I can land it better than a auto landing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You guys should honestly learn how to fly using ATTI mode. The major difference is that the Phantom will not compensate for drift due to wind. Otherwise it's no different.

So I was just out for a quick flight off my back deck and once I got up in the air the mode switched to p-atti. I was able to bring it back and land it on my deck successfully, but it was pretty erratic, I have no idea why it switched modes automatically, regardless I uploaded the flight log:

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MTczMA

Something else that has been bothering me a little is my signal strength for the controller is pretty much "poor" all the time as per the Signal Strength Map above...any hints/suggestions?

Thanks!

You weren't pointing the "tip" of the antennae at it were you...that would be the weakest signal. Should be the long side at the bird. Just checking.

I prefer atti mode. Bird dosnt get wip lash when u ease on controller. May be why some see stress cracks.

Somebody else look at his gps and his remote signal data on Healthy Drones.

His problem looks like the remote, nothing to do with GPS / Compass. He not getting enough distance to have that many signal issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj