Just got the Standard!!

Reaction score
...And my god am I impressed!

I've been a P1 owner for nearly a year now, though I haven't flown the P1 in a few months.

I just got my P3S yesterday, promptly registered it, upgraded the firmware and started flying! I've been working so much I've only had the opportunity to fly at night, but regardless it's baffling. I thought the P1 was awesome, but this is truly an incredible piece of technology. I've read some of the threads about limited range, but I have had mine 600 feet away so far and still had a strong video signal.

I have a few questions though, when recording footage how do I make it record with all the stuff on the screen like speed, altitude, etc?

I've been too scared to try the RTH, is it able to be cancelled right on the app?

I'm also scared to use the autoland, how successful is this? It took me a while to muster up the courage to even take the thing off, because my first takeoff with the P1 it just tilted over and weedeated the grass.

Does the battery require "training" like the P1 brick batteries? Meaning you should only get it to 50% for the first 10 or so flights?

I'm using the 8 gb microsd card that came with it. If I start using the 32gb sd card I have, can I just drag and drop the firmware to the 32gb?

If I think of more questions I'll ask, but for now...this thing is incredible. So incredible that after my first flight I just immediately went on Amazon and 1 click ordered a second battery.

congrats! glad you like it. tomorrow, I'm selling my standard to fellow that has a P1, too. the RTH can be cancelled on the app by pressing the red X. auto land is very, very smooth. I've never had a bad landing even in high wind. I've actually noticed that my standard lands a lot softer than my professional. I almost always use auto land unless I'm somewhere dusty or sandy where I prefer to hand catch. as for the battery, I've never really gone by the LiPo break ins I've read about. I just use them until I get to ~20% of capacity. you should not have the firmware file on your SD card unless you're in the process of updating.

1. Theres no option for you to include the altimetere numbers. If you truly want them dowload a screen recorder.

2. Trust your rth, make sure you do a good compass calibration.
(If you ever suspect a flyaway is happening, meaning that its flying off on its own, quickly turn to atti mode, that way youre shutting off gps and relying on you controls to get it back. Make sure to pratice flying in atti.)
And yes you can cancel rth from the app.
I personally like using the rth and canceling rth from the remote not the app.

3. If theres a feature ive never had a problem with its the autoland. Its smooth as can be. It doesnt just drop down it uses the presure sensors to know how far before it hits ground even without the vps.
Not kidding verry smooth.

4. Never done the whole proces with the batteries. I have 2 batteries and get a good 23 mims of flight. I dont think its necesary at all.
Screenshot_2016-01-30-11-09-43.png

1. Theres no option for you to include the altimetere numbers. If you truly want them dowload a screen recorder.

2. Trust your rth, make sure you do a good compass calibration.
(If you ever suspect a flyaway is happening, meaning that its flying off on its own, quickly turn to atti mode, that way youre shutting off gps and relying on you controls to get it back. Make sure to pratice flying in atti.)
And yes you can cancel rth from the app.
I personally like using the rth and canceling rth from the remote not the app.

3. If theres a feature ive never had a problem with its the autoland. Its smooth as can be. It doesnt just drop down it uses the presure sensors to know how far before it hits ground even without the vps.
Not kidding verry smooth.

4. Never done the whole proces with the batteries. I have 2 batteries and get a good 23 mims of flight. I dont think its necesary at all.View attachment 48168
Where was that picture taken ?

Congrats! Don't fear the RTH. Calibrate, verify your home point had set on the map and get used to trying RTH will save you one day. Inevitable. Also note your RTH height setting in the app. If you already haven't.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I recommend doing 10 & 10 on new Lipo battery if you can. It will prolong the battery life. Just take it easy for the first 10 flight and run only 10 min per charge. And try keep it at 50% charge when you don't use it. Recharge it to 100% just before you fly. I am doing 10&10 on my 3rd new battery now.

I don't do auto land unless it is on concrete because I don't want to bring prop if it land on uneven surface. I normally just hand launch and catch my Phantom. Less dusty and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

just wait next you will want to mod it so you get even better range and if you fly at night well led way to go

Attachments

• 2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
    2016-02-23 17.49.27.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 375

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik