Just got my PV2+, and it has one bad motor

Reaction score
Went out for my first flight today, and one of my motors is busted. It turns like the second hand of a stop watch, and about that slowly. The other 3 motors work perfectly.

Is it easy to replace a bad motor? It was too late to call the local dealer where I got it, but I really don't want to send it to DJI to have it disappear for 4-6 weeks before my first flight.

You have to open the phantom which means removing the camera and a bunch of case screws from the bottom. Flip it over and remove the top cover. The motor has three wires soldered to the motor speed control board.ESC. You have to note the orientation, remove them, and solder the replacement wires back on. There are 4 screws holding the motor to the case. Put it back together.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
You have to open the phantom which means removing the camera and a bunch of case screws from the bottom. Flip it over and remove the top cover. The motor has three wires soldered to the motor speed control board.ESC. You have to note the orientation, remove them, and solder the replacement wires back on. There are 4 screws holding the motor to the case. Put it back together.

Geo

Thanks. Guess I'll have to wait til Monday to see what my repair/replace options are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues