Just got my P3A, but camera gimble guard slipped off

Reaction score
hey guys,

I literally 30 minutes ago got my P3A and when I opened the box I noticed that the little plastic camera gimble guard had slipped down allowing the camera to turn and hang down in the box during shipment. The little white piece on the back of the gimble though was intact and remained in place. Should I be concerned at all about this? What indications if any will I get if the gimble or camera is damaged upon initial start up? Thanks for any help here

This is very common. Your camera/gimbal should be fine.

After your Phantom starts up, your gimbal will rotate a few times. After it stop and stabilizes, verify that it appears to be level -- and, that it steadies itself as you move your Phantom around. The camera should always try to point straight ahead no matter how you turn your Phantom.

Reactions: MrJoe
Dont forget to remove the small foam piece also!

Reactions: JoBe and MrJoe
My P2V+ V3 had its gimbal guard slip off during shipment as well.

The only thing I would add to this is to make sure the props are NOT installed and power up the UAV inside. Once the camera stabilizes and the GPS lights show locked, pick the drone up and then, lightly rotate it around the three axis of the gimbal while observing the movement on your wireless device. It will, most likely, remain very stable picture wise. If not, then return it without ever flying it for a replacement. These camera/gimbal assemblies are NOT cheap to replace or repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4