Just got my P2V+ back from DJI repairs... WHAT NOW?

Reaction score
Hey chaps,

Just received my P2V+ back. It had bad wifi module with black screen and in the end it couldn't take a single photo.
I1,5 months and they repaired (2 months with shippings), it was still in warranty.

I am afraid of turning it on a bit. What do you guys advise? Which android app should I use? Downgrade the FW?

This is what I got from DJI:

When the copter leaves are shop, it will have the new firmware installed. For firmware updates you will be informed via DJI GO APP. You can also always check the new firmware on are website www.dji.com

Some of you claim that firmware is messing up with the HW. If that is true, should I even turn it on or just sell it and don't look back?

Any opinion appreciated, thanks!

Hello Scomci,
To be honest, go out and enjoy your craft! If it is fixed, then go fly!
Can it break again? SURE, but will it, probably not, at least for some time!
First if you had a V2 plus craft with v2 wifi module, ( these were NON vented housings, and are prone to overheating ) now it is fixed, you most likely have a V3 wifi module ( vented ), and it is more efficient in dissipating heat! Not sure what they mean GO APP? Most use
1) vision app
2) litchi app
Both avail from android. Most of the bad apps have been fixed, or updated.

As for firmware downgrade, that is impossible, only possible on the p3 and newer models, p2 and earlier, you have to swap the naza, for an older one, with older firmware, like 3.08, or older, before no fly zones, and GEO fencing.

I would do the normal routine.

1) hook Tx to RC ASSISTANT, do a FULL calibration ( both sticks, both toggles, and dial wheel or 7th channel mod ( if avail ).
( this will calibrate your Tx )

2) hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT, then under basic, Rc tab, calibrate Tx here again, ( both sticks, toggle, and dial wheel or 7th channel mod ( if avail ))
( this will calibrate your Tx to the phantom, that way they are synced perfectly.

3) while still hooked to pc assistant, do an ADVANCED IMU calibration ( phantom must be LEVEL ( all directions ) and stable, no moving about or wobbling around, good solid craft perfectly level, start calibration.

4) fresh Compass calibration!

Now with a perfectly balanced set of props, she should fly like a dream!

Do what you want, it is ultimately your choice, I also fly a P3p , and love it, but I still fly my p2's. They are my favorite still! Can be modded, changed, tweaked, you name it, p3 not so much!plus they are selling really cheap now, you would take a huge hit, selling it.

I say give her hell, and go have some fun! If we spend our lives worrying, we will never have the time to ENJOY LIFE! Go for it my friend, before those batteries go bad!

J Dot
:cool:

Ps, those modules are around $120-175 US dollars, and super easy to replace, If it ever goes bad again! Take care, fly safe!

Hey J Dot, you are right why shouldn't I go out and fly :)

Originally it was P2 V+ V3 with all the newest stuff at the time, nevertheless I had 2 -3 flights with full functionality, after that I lost live stream and camera in the end. I was really pissed off yeah...

It still has warranty until april 2017... Its winter here but I hope I can enjoy this little bird for a while. I want to make a lot of 360 panos and 3D terrain scanning.

Cheers :)

okay i was busy with work.. guess what i just had now (2 months after) time to try this thing out.
IT IS NOT WORKING.
PHANTOM CONNECTION BROKEN. AFTER THE REPAIRS!!!

I cant find words guys...

so it sounds like the firmware gets corrupt after sitting too long without use. Look at page 15 of the lightbridge firmware problem and solution thread. There is a guy who fixed this problem on his vision plus wifi module.

so it sounds like the firmware gets corrupt after sitting too long without use. Look at page 15 of the lightbridge firmware problem and solution thread. There is a guy who fixed this problem on his vision plus wifi module.
hey,

i think this is what you are referring but i don't have lightbridge on P2. as in my understanding that is a completely different technology. but nevertheless thanks for the thread, i read it through.

hey,

i think this is what you are referring but i don't have lightbridge on P2. as in my understanding that is a completely different technology. but nevertheless thanks for the thread, i read it through.

Hi, please read the post on page 14.A user there says he used the same lightbridge procedure on his Phantom 2 Vision plus WiFi module and it resolved his video issue!

Please look at page 14.

This was posted by rmhome.

Last edited:
Hi, please read the post on page 14.A user there says he used the same lightbridge procedure on his Phantom 2 Vision plus WiFi module and it resolved his video issue!

Please look at page 14.

This was posted by rmhome.
thanks found it on page 14. i have to take a look on it with somebody with more expertise then mine. hopefully eventually there will be a clear solution.

I have 2 wifi modules that stopped sending video but still sent all other telemetry info. I got tired of this issue and just went with the lightbridge. Luckily I still have the modules so I just need to make time to "flash" the firmware to them. The issue then, is I have no way of testing them as I no longer have the wifi module that sits on the remote.

Hopefully I can get one on eBay to confirm this works!

I have 2 wifi modules that stopped sending video but still sent all other telemetry info. I got tired of this issue and just went with the lightbridge. Luckily I still have the modules so I just need to make time to "flash" the firmware to them. The issue then, is I have no way of testing them as I no longer have the wifi module that sits on the remote.

Hopefully I can get one on eBay to confirm this works!

i think you can find some. i have seen them, lot of people either crash the phantom or have the same issue as us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20