just got my first drone: Phantom pro and problems with video

Reaction score
just got my drone, PHANTOM 3 PRO. love it. have got the flying part down really well but having problems with video. I have used the sandisk sd card that came with drone along with a new sandisk ultra 64 gig. I can view the flight video from my phone after the flight but if I put the sd card into the computer it is real grainy and is like security camera footage: little still clips every few seconds instead of constant video.
Please help

If the video downlink looks good that is promising- it is likely the camera is ok. The issue might be simply that your computer isn't up to the task. Try using VLC media player to test.

The problem isn't your drone - it's your computer. 4K video is way harder for computers to process. Also, if you're trying to view the video directly from your sd card, the USB interface will also probably limit your screen display. Be sure to first copy the video file from the sd card to your computer then view the copy on the computer. If your computer does't have a high-end GPU card, it won't ever be able to process the 4K video in real time.

WOW talk about a lot of help quick! thanks guys! im in the firework display business so as soon as I get this figured out and get a cool video ill be sure to share! thanks for all the help!!

i have the same issue with 3 different computers also. sucks, but can lower the camera down a notch and then works better on older computers. takes a really powerful computer to play 4k video.

My very old desktop computer also struggles a bit to play 4K video.

Another option is that you can still film in 4K (it's great for grabbing stills from the video - I use Global Potplayer to do this) and then use a program such as Free Resize Video to lower the resolution (1080p will probably be OK on most computers) to something more manageable and playable.

You can try Resize Video on the 4K video you already have.

Reactions: randyvanscoy
i have the same issue with 3 different computers also. sucks, but can lower the camera down a notch and then works better on older computers. takes a really powerful computer to play 4k video.
Precisely why i stuck with the P3S and 2.7k HD. Not buying a new laptop just to appease the tech gods... looks like a more powerful phone or tablet might be in my future to cure fpv issues though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31