Just got home from taking pic's of blue berries.

Reaction score
I flew my P4 up on Dolly Sods wilderness area. It is the highest plateau east of the Mississippi, a little over 10 miles long. It has bogs everywhere and it has had freezes every month of the year. My uncle was camping there in 1970{ I think that was the year}on the 4th of July and it was snowing so bad, he came home early. I did my studying and I took off on private land. All legitimate. The area is called Bear Rocks. Blue berry bushes are flame red this time of year. The area is totally unpredictable. In the low lands, it was in the low 70's and up there it was low 50's. The winds were light coming from the east which is not the norm. I was blindsided by the direction. I arrived coming from the west. The convergence of the warm air to the colder air produced quite a fog up there. There were no bright red bushes glistening in the sun. LOL It was a great photo opportunity any way. I'm trying to edit a few stills, but my blurry eyes are getting to me this late after driving home.. I am not the best at editing, which is an understatement. LOL There are about a dozen things I know to do on Photo shop premiere. I have trouble deciding how much to crop. I love texture and detail, but also love to show the scope of the area. No way, I'm doing video tonight. I have a lot of material to go through. Here is a couple of photo's to give you an Idea of what I was photographing today.
blueberrybush.jpg

bear rocks1.jpg

Lots of people also trying to do their best to get a good photo.
photoman.jpg

beautiful images of a beautiful place ?
There's a "sense" in Dolly Sods that you are in a special place

I met up at Dolly Sods, with a "kid" i trained, in FEB!!! we hiked in waist deep snow for 5 miles. Slept well (in tents :)!

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I have been going there since the 1960’s and could be there all day and see no one. Now when I go there I feel like an alien. Most everyone is from out of state. This is the season for the fall colors and it is crazy with city people up there. I laugh, because they are so yuppie type with all their fancy hiking gear. I have hiked all over this place as a scout leader. I don’t need a map and know every creek. The stories I could tell you. I collected a lot of chaga here at one time. I’m the root man. I make medicine off the herbs and can live off the land. ?

LOL, the "kid" I mentioned started out squishy, shy n somewhat fearful, after 3 years with me haulin gear, living in woods learning Nature She entered the Air Force ready for ANYTHING they threw at Her.
WV is a great place to un-learn City ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers