Just got drone back from DJI and can't connect

Reaction score
Ok, I think I'm doing this right. I put my 64 gb micro sd card back into the Phantom 3 Advanced. I had taken it out before sending my drone in for repair. Apparently all they did was add a new gimbal according to the accompanying invoice. So I plug my phone into the remote with a usb cord and turn on the drone. I never get a green light on the remote control and the dji go app gets stuck on the phantom 4 and won't let me change models. From here I can't change it but once I turn the drone off I can select which model I want to choose. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? It just came back from dji so I'm sure it is working properly.

Ok, I think I'm doing this right. I put my 64 gb micro sd card back into the Phantom 3 Advanced. I had taken it out before sending my drone in for repair. Apparently all they did was add a new gimbal according to the accompanying invoice. So I plug my phone into the remote with a usb cord and turn on the drone. I never get a green light on the remote control and the dji go app gets stuck on the phantom 4 and won't let me change models. From here I can't change it but once I turn the drone off I can select which model I want to choose. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? It just came back from dji so I'm sure it is working properly.
Re Install the Go App!

I did reinstall the go app. Was the first thing I did but it behaves the same. Is there any setup to the go app? As far as I remember there is no password or anything? Also it may be nothing but the drone is making noise while it is on but sitting there. Its just this little humming like a dremmel tool is the best i can describe it. Its just like a fan spinning inside the drone or maybe something else. Maybe its normal but I remember it being quite before.

Edit: I will contact dji on monday but for the weekend their online chat is down. I might try their phone number tomorrow during business hours though.

Last edited:
After turning everything on (as you described above), what color are the lights on the arms of your Phantom?

Ok the two in the back are blinking yellow and the front ones are solid red. I tried updating the firmware of the drone and remote. I was able to update the drone but not the remote. I assume the firmware of the remote exceeds the lowest firmware you can update it with using a usb flash drive. I also tried re- pairing the drone to the remote with the little button in the back left if facing the front. The led just blinked red for a while but wouldn't re-pair. Also I wanted to mention that the remote becomes stuck on Phantom 4 and won't change to Phantom 3 Advanced after turning on the remote. It looses the ability to select which drone you have. I know I am forgetting stuff but if anyone wants to know any thing just ask.

Blinking yellow most likely means your remote controller is not paired with your Phantom. Try relinking it -- like this:

Reactions: EndlessX
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman. It worked but just to elaborate in case anyone else has this problem first you must turn on the remote and drone. Second you go to rc settings and link the remote. Then you must hit the linking button on the drone it's self within 59 seconds. Then it linked. One piece of advice is my remote would only say phantom 4 and I could not change drones but it is ok. Just do it for the phantom 4 and it will figure out which drone you have after it is linked.

Edit: I wish I could mark your answer as "accept as solution."

One piece of advice is my remote would only say phantom 4 and I could not change drones but it is ok.
This is rather confusing, but it happens to me a lot when I need to relink my Phantoms. The last time I relinked my P4, only the P3A was available in DJI GO. That was the last Phantom I used, so that might have had something to do with it too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4