Just got a new P3A! Upgrade firmware?

Reaction score
Came in today direct from DJI. Came with new motor and new shell (shine light and saw cross bar). App wanted me to update firmware but I ignored it and flew for a few minutes. No issues.

My remote controller firmware is v1.3.20 according to GO aop, (I'm assuming the bird firmware is the same?) Should I ”upgrade to v1.4.0010?

You're the owner and the pilot, the decision is yours, but: I rooted my android device to block DJI from connecting to the internet to stop bugging me to upgrade firmware. This after too many problems updates caused to my P3P...

Reactions: Reed L and D4T_PoM
You're the owner and the pilot, the decision is yours, but: I rooted my android device to block DJI from connecting to the internet to stop bugging me to upgrade firmware. This after too many problems updates caused to my P3P...

Can I do that on my iPad?

Can I do that on my iPad?
Depends on your version of iOS. Look around. Read about the pros and cons first - it has some significant downsides.

You can also just ignore the upgrade warnings. They don't bite. I, too, just got a P3A with even older firmware. I played around with it for a couple of days to make sure that the thing worked and to get an idea what the issues were with upgrading. I then jumped to next version, played around for a week or so and finally upgraded to the current version. Fortunately, I've had no apparent issues other than finding out that The Fine Manual isn't exactly correct. Read the threads about upgrading.

Don't be in a hurry - your Phantom will fly with what it has.

Reactions: D4T_PoM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers